Dhanish987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So basically,
I already had RE and English Lit as early entry in yer 10 and I put all my effort in these exams leaving me dried out for year 11, I feel dead on the inside and actually can't revise anything anymore for my upcoming gcses _ anyone have any tips for me on how to revise or how to regain my energy pls reply ASAP
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do something you like to give you energy and not dry yourself out of from revision. Like hanging out with your friends or doing a hobby. Basically give yourself a treat so you don’t do constant revision without any breaks or treats which won’t benefit you at all since you’ll get sick of it.
Dhanish987
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Do something you like to give you energy and not dry yourself out of from revision. Like hanging out with your friends or doing a hobby. Basically give yourself a treat so you don’t do constant revision without any breaks or treats which won’t benefit you at all since you’ll get sick of it.
Thanks for getting back to me.
My mum is very very strict and hates to see when I have breaks, she's takes my ps4 away from me and doesn't let me go out with my freind so I am very limited to having fun
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dhanish987)
Thanks for getting back to me.
My mum is very very strict and hates to see when I have breaks, she's takes my ps4 away from me and doesn't let me go out with my freind so I am very limited to having fun
Oh that’s a big limitation. How about clubs at your school so your mam wouldn’t know and if you’re a bit late, you could say you were studying after school?
Dhanish987
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Oh that’s a big limitation. How about clubs at your school so your mam wouldn’t know and if you’re a bit late, you could say you were studying after school?
My pick me up at 3 and if I'm. Late they ring the school. Still have any suggestions or am Iost cause?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dhanish987)
My pick me up at 3 and if I'm. Late they ring the school. Still have any suggestions or am Iost cause?
Anything you could at home or does your mom check up on you often? You could play phone games that’s how I deal with boredom in my frees for sixth form - literally all I play is Minecraft. Do you have a computer you could play games in or does your mom limit that too? You could tell the school about how you feel and ask if they could arrange a meeting with your mom to discuss your wellbeing and stress but idk how you feel about that.
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
These exams are in May? It's October! I wouldn't even think of revising until Easter.
jemima0103
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Use this next term to ease off a bit. You don't need to start revising for the final exams until after christmas.
I did too much too soon when revising and ended up burning out. I was absolutely destroyed by the time GCSE's came around and could hardly eat or sleep, and ended up not doing as well as I know I could have.
Now I'm at A Level I'm determined to make sure this doesn't happen again
Uori32qu
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just tell your mum you don't need to revise yet, you have it under control, GCSEs are easy. wait until March/April
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (143)
53.96%
18-20 years old (no) (34)
12.83%
20-25 years old (yes) (40)
15.09%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.51%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
6.79%