Arrendene
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there
I’ve just started doing City and Guilds Business Admin level 3, distance learning.
I’m looking for anyone doing or having done the same course who would like a study buddy, just to chat about assignments etc
Thank you in advance 😊
SophieJ979
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is yours the Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator? If so, I'm doing the same one, although it's as part of an apprenticeship - not distance learning how are you finding it? What units are you doing?
Arrendene
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Sophie
Yes that’s the one. So far so good, I’ve just completed my first assignment on professional behaviours, I think it was BA3task 1. I am not liking using one file at the moment, just getting to grips with it. Spent ages trying to re-attach the assignment to submit it. Hopefully it’s gone through now. I’m still doing an induction assessment and just about to start BA3task2.
How are you getting on? How far in are you?

(Original post by SophieJ979)
Is yours the Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator? If so, I'm doing the same one, although it's as part of an apprenticeship - not distance learning how are you finding it? What units are you doing?
SophieJ979
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah, we don’t use OneFile, so can’t comment on that! I’m six months in, but I’m hoping to be done or almost done in another six months. Overall, I’m enjoying it, although not as much as my Level 2. My workload has massively increased since I started the L3 and it’s quite a juggle. I’m yet to sign off on a unit, although a few are almost there. I’ve got my test for 301 soon and will do 308 after that, so that’ll help get rid of a couple more units. Think the presentation aspect will be the hardest bit to be honest! I’ve just done my 303 and 304 statements and it’s nice to have got them done too. I’ve had to work at home which I really didn’t want to do, but needs must - it just wasn’t getting done at work!
TaylorMarie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I’ve just started it tooI’m doing it whilst employed at. GP surgery
SophieJ979
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TaylorMarie)
Hi I’ve just started it tooI’m doing it whilst employed at. GP surgery
How are you finding it? I am almost done (yay!) and was gearing up for my End Point Assessment before coronavirus closed everything down.. just need to finish 306 Project Management and then it's a case of waiting for things to settle and work resume, so my folder can be verified. Then onto End Point Assessment hopefully
danger_d
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I’m at around 80% for NVQ Level 3 Business Administration. I have just moved from Tesselo to BUD platform. I’m finding it much more user friendly, though I think maybe these are specific to my cohort as I don’t recognise any modules being call 300 or 308.

How have people found the EPA? Does the work ramp up towards the end? I suppose the format has changed a lot since lockdown.
SophieJ979
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by danger_d)
Hi. I’m at around 80% for NVQ Level 3 Business Administration. I have just moved from Tesselo to BUD platform. I’m finding it much more user friendly, though I think maybe these are specific to my cohort as I don’t recognise any modules being call 300 or 308.

How have people found the EPA? Does the work ramp up towards the end? I suppose the format has changed a lot since lockdown.
Yeah, mine's not an NVQ - mine's the City & Guilds L3 Diploma (3473) that I'm doing as part of an apprenticeship, so the units will have different names, but i'd guess the content is pretty similar.

I'd say I was a good 90% done, but finding this last bit so frustrating. Not a lot is happening in terms of EPA due to Covid (obviously) and my assessor seems super busy, so getting feedback etc can take a while, especially as it's all remote and they work part time. I can't say I've seen a big difference in the requirements for work, as the majority of my EPA (for me, with City & Guilds, anyway) consists of what I've gathered over my apprenticeship. I have had to do a project report & presentation on the improvement I've made as part of the EPA, but I think that's it really. I've also got to sit an online test but I did an almost-identical test earlier on in my apprenticeship so won't have to revise loads for that hopefully. Then it's just a case of finalising things, making sure the evidence I've selected is truly my best work, making sure it's all signed etc. Hoping to be done by September - original target end date was April :rolleyes: Can't wait to finish!

Would be good to hear from someone who's actually done the EPA.
Manda74
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi,
I am doing my level 3 C&G business administration and I am struggling little on unit 301.5 understanding project management, parts 3 and 4, resources and successful project, can anyone offer any advice?
I am new to admin after leaving working in 6th form education for 15 years, so i am an older student too, so have had little experience so any advice on this qualification would be appreciated.

TIA
Last edited by Manda74; 7 months ago
ali7876
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by SophieJ979)
Hi, have you done the managing your own performance unit? I really need help on that
ambertiger98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ali7876)
Hi, have you done the managing your own performance unit? I really need help on that
Hi, I am currently on a L3 BA apprenticeship, looking for a study buddy if you're interested. I'm having trouble working out my Project ATM so you're definitely not alone with struggling. For managing my performance I set up review meetings with my manager to monitor my performance. At each meeting we discussed my performance, what I could do better and what I was struggling with etc. and wrote action plans stemming from those reviews. Then I would work on what we had discussed and get feedback on whether I had improved or not. It shows that you are proactive and serious about managing your performance, and you're not waiting for your boss to complain, you're looking for feedback and improving your work continually. I hope that helps.
emmawwemma
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ambertiger98)
Hi, I am currently on a L3 BA apprenticeship, looking for a study buddy if you're interested. I'm having trouble working out my Project ATM so you're definitely not alone with struggling. For managing my performance I set up review meetings with my manager to monitor my performance. At each meeting we discussed my performance, what I could do better and what I was struggling with etc. and wrote action plans stemming from those reviews. Then I would work on what we had discussed and get feedback on whether I had improved or not. It shows that you are proactive and serious about managing your performance, and you're not waiting for your boss to complain, you're looking for feedback and improving your work continually. I hope that helps.
Hi, I’m currently on doing the same apprenticeship and I’m finding it so hard to finish, I just don’t know where to start with half of the things😔 I’m really stuck on Unit 305 - communication, do you have any tips on this? I’ve done Acticity 1.1 & 1.2, I just need help for all the other activities!
coxxieee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by emmawwemma)
Hi, I’m currently on doing the same apprenticeship and I’m finding it so hard to finish, I just don’t know where to start with half of the things😔 I’m really stuck on Unit 305 - communication, do you have any tips on this? I’ve done Acticity 1.1 & 1.2, I just need help for all the other activities!
Hello,
i am doing business admin level 3 with city and guilds too! im almost 9 months in, let me know if you need any help
Courtney
emmawwemma
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by coxxieee)
Hello,
i am doing business admin level 3 with city and guilds too! im almost 9 months in, let me know if you need any help
Courtney
Thank you!! If you need any help let me know too, I finished the activities that I was struggling on I was just overthinking it hahah.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
25.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
9.3%
No I am happy with my choice (25)
58.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.98%

Watched Threads