I haven't got my flatmate's rent - what to do? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jeremy Usbourne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok. Here's the deal. I've owed my flatmate rent for the past three months. But ive had a bit of problems here and there and there's a bit of a crisis in the cashflow department. He's gonna get pretty pissy at me, so how should I tell him in the nicest possible way possible?

Also. Any ideas on how to get some money? I'm working on a new track but it's hit a bit of a bump. I cant really be bothered with a job either.
Elvendork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jeremy Usbourne)
Ok. Here's the deal. I've owed my flatmate rent for the past three months. But ive had a bit of problems here and there and there's a bit of a crisis in the cashflow department. He's gonna get pretty pissy at me, so how should I tell him in the nicest possible way possible?

Also. Any ideas on how to get some money? I'm working on a new track but it's hit a bit of a bump. I cant really be bothered with a job either.
Stop being lazy and get a job.
How would you feel if you were him? You already owe him 3 months, I'm suprised he hasn't kicked you out...
fonzievision
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're massively in debt and you won't get a job despite owing your flatmate so much money? You should be kicked out just for being so disrespectful.
Lucien_Roach
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elvendork)
How would you feel if you were him? You already owe him 3 months, I'm suprised he hasn't kicked you out...
it's a joke. (i.e. it's meant to be Jez from Peep Show) :rolleyes:
Jeremy Usbourne
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elvendork)
Well I'm a musician really. I dont think the world of menial work is suited for me. He lacks confidence so he won't kick me out.
Elvendork
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I'm a musician really. I dont think the world of menial work is suited for me. He lacks confidence so he won't kick me out.
Oh wait, I get it - just saw your avatar.
You're pretending to be Jeremy from the Peep Show :rolleyes:
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:rolleyes:
Jeremy Usbourne
Rep:
?
(Original post by fonzievision)
You're massively in debt and you won't get a job despite owing your flatmate so much money? You should be kicked out just for being so disrespectful.
Yeah well. I haven't been.
mipmapped
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lolzor etc.
laura-rad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
someone has a lot of free time on their hands :p:
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Can't be bothered with a job? You lazy *******, you can't not pay your rent you deserve to get chucked out of your house. If you have no money you don't sit on your lazy arse complaining about it you get a job, so go.
Jeremy Usbourne
Rep:
?
(Original post by hippieglitter)
Can't be bothered with a job? You lazy *******, you can't not pay your rent you deserve to get chucked out of your house. If you have no money you don't sit on your lazy arse complaining about it you get a job, so go.
Getting a job will just stifle my musical talent. I need the time to make melodies. I did get an interview for one job but i messed it up.
Masucha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Join a cult and move in with them.
Jeremy Usbourne
Rep:
?
sounds like a plan. know of any good ones?
Masucha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My favorite is the Cult of Cthulhu. But if your not so picky then Scientology accept almost anyone.
Jeremy Usbourne
Rep:
?
Oh. scientology sounds good. Tom cruise joined it and hes rich so it must be good.
Masucha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh Yeah!
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OP if you owe money and have free time, then getting a job seems like the most logical and best way of obtaining this money. Sure a job will require effort, but you owe your friend money. Is he not mad at you? Surely you should do something about this debt now before it gets any worse?
Mark Corrigan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you haven't got it soon, I won't hesitate you kick you out, Jeremy.
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Getting a job will just stifle my musical talent. I need the time to make melodies. I did get an interview for one job but i messed it up.
********! I know loads of musicians, i am one myself, we have jobs outside of our music cos tbh we need the money to continue being musicians. Would you rather be a broke and homeless musician with nowhere to keep your musical equipment or get a job to keep you going and have somewhere to live and make music in your spare time.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads