I don’t think my parents would approve if I dated this boy Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
He liked me since the beginning of secondary school and I found out in year 8 from his friend but I didn’t believe him, but it was obvious in year 10 and 11. We have never made things official but talked a lot especially in Spanish which is a subject I am very good at. I started to have feelings for him because he had feelings for me, but I don’t think my parents would approve if we did date because he’s Somalian and I am Bengali. They might say something like “he’s black because she’s black” (I am tan) like when my sister dated her future husband at uni and I remember my mum saying that she’s white and he’s black so it doesn’t make sense. Even though we aren’t religious she talks about her daughters’ other half like that behind their back when they are dating, but stopped after they got married 6 years later. What do I do?

I know most secondary school relationships don’t last so I am thinking not to do anything and just remain friends.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly, if you like him go for it. Don’t let anything stop you
taylirr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
have a try whats to lose your young have fun while u can
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (143)
54.17%
18-20 years old (no) (33)
12.5%
20-25 years old (yes) (40)
15.15%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.52%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
6.82%