Mark_Lee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I just got invited to a skype interview from the University of Manchester on PGCE secondary mathematics.

Has anyone ever had a skype interview on PGCE program? Is it any different from face to face interview?

Any info and suggestions would be appreciated?

Many thanks!
grKiro
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does it say its formal or informal?.............just be yourself and relax.........good luck
Mark_Lee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by grKiro)
Does it say its formal or informal?.............just be yourself and relax.........good luck
Thank you. It doesn't say. The interview preparation guide shows there will be a 5-minute lesson to other candidates and interviewers? But how would that be carried out?
grKiro
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mark_Lee)
Thank you. It doesn't say. The interview preparation guide shows there will be a 5-minute lesson to other candidates and interviewers? But how would that be carried out?
Send them an email and ask for clarification............if formal then they must provide outline of it!
nicoaguito
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm in the same situation. I applied for PGCE in Spanish at Manchester Metropolitan and Uni of Manchester and both will be via skype? How did the interview go @Mark_LeeAny advice/tips?Thanks
Mark_Lee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by nicoaguito)
I'm in the same situation. I applied for PGCE in Spanish at Manchester Metropolitan and Uni of Manchester and both will be via skype? How did the interview go @Mark_LeeAny advice/tips?Thanks
My interview is on 7th November and I asked them whether powerpoint is allowed, but haven't heard back from them yet.
nicoaguito
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay thanks for letting me know. I’ve asked them what to expect since the interview will be via Skype instead of face to face as I’m living in Australia until mid 2020. So I’ve asked them if the interview will be exactly the same as if it was face to face or not etc. Let’s see what they come back to me with, I’m due to be told when I’m having mine, if it’s earlier than the 7th I’ll share how’d it go. Thanks
nicoaguito
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey, how did the interview go?I'm having mine on Monday and all what I've been told is to prepare a 3 minutes presentation using the Target language but I was wondering if you could let me know what sort of questions they asked you when having the personal interview? Any help with this is much appreciated!!
yoshimax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How did you request a Skype interview? I live in the US, and I'd much rather do Skype interviews than face-to-face ones if possible.
nicoaguito
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
They will send you an email with a day and date so you can attend the face-to-face interview. Just reply to that email explaining your situation and requesting a Skype interview and they should be able to arrange one for you.Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (259)
54.18%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.97%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.74%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.23%