The Student Room Group

Boy I was seeing screamed at me

So this guy I’m exclusively seeing was out with me and we were both kind of drunk. He was getting very frustrated at the smallest of things. like guys looking at me/trying to talk to me or me ‘moving about too much’. I started getting annoyed so he got angry and screamed loudly in my face. People came to ask if I’m ok etc. We went back to my place and I was terrified so I was texting a friend of mine so he snatched my phone off me to see what I was saying.
Is this kind of behaviour from a guy normal?
Original post by Anonymous
So this guy I’m exclusively seeing was out with me and we were both kind of drunk. He was getting very frustrated at the smallest of things. like guys looking at me/trying to talk to me or me ‘moving about too much’. I started getting annoyed so he got angry and screamed loudly in my face. People came to ask if I’m ok etc. We went back to my place and I was terrified so I was texting a friend of mine so he snatched my phone off me to see what I was saying.

No, it's a massive red flag. Sorry to say it as I expect you have strong feelings for him, but he sounds mentally unstable. My daughter was in a relationship with someone like him and and she was walking on eggshells around him to avoid triggering an argument over the tiniest thing. He was also very possessive and got annoyed every time a man spoke to her (he constantly accused her of flirting with her male friends when she wasn't) - he even used her fingertip while she slept to unlock her phone!

When she finished with him, she was devastated because she still loved him but he was with someone else within a week which was the same pattern he had in all his previous relationships. She didn't think he would do it to her because their relationship was so passionate, but he did and it turned out he had lined up the other girl before they broke up. Men that are so untrusting to their gfs are sometimes like that because they know that they have cheated themselves, and would do so again.

So I think you need to have a long talk with him when he is sober and see what is behind his behaviour, and whether he has cheated on girls in the past.

Not normal, id run a mile from him
Reply 3
Not normal, don’t listen to any bs like “it was just once, I’ll never do it again”
As above this is a huge red flag; you gotta throw the whole boyfriend out. Seriously, that's very unhealthy behaviour in a relationship.
(edited 4 years ago)

NO! Dump him! You deserve much better.
you need to dump his disturbed ass immediately. get a normal guy instead.
That’s abusive please leave before he gets worse

Quick Reply