Applied for Accomodation but Watch

Darkad1
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just applied for accomodation to Durham (Stockton Campus, Stephenson college), but I was unsure as to whether I had to do anything for my insurance.

Durham have been brilliant, they've sent me a letter confirming that I chose them as my firm and told me how to apply for accom., but Aberdeen (my insurance) hasn't sent me anything at all, not even a mention that I chose them as my insurance.

Do I have to apply for accom. with them aswell?
generic hybrid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends on the university, so you might want to email Aberdeen or something instead of asking us.
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Some universities will want you to apply for accommodation if they're your insurance, but some won't. They'll let you know if they do. However if you're worried about it then just phone Aberdeen up or email their accommodation/admissions office. I'm not sure anybody at Durham will be able to help you :p:
flowersintheattic
Report 10 years ago
i firmed my unconditional offer from durham in late may and have replied to ucas's confirmation letter but i have not heard from the uni..

how long does it take for them to reply? its been almost a mth now! im getting anxious =X
Reblet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A mth hey? You're dooooomed then!

Anyway you will hear from them soon they sometimes take ages. Wait til the end of this month maybe and then ring/e-mail? Paranoia can set in over important stuff like uni!
a¢¢ountant$
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by flowersintheattic)
i firmed my unconditional offer from durham in late may and have replied to ucas's confirmation letter but i have not heard from the uni..

how long does it take for them to reply? its been almost a mth now! im getting anxious =X
i was in EXACTLY the same situation as you, unconditional and firm in may.
But ive had two letters from the uni.
one saying i had an offer
the other saying i had firmed the offer and gave me a pin number to log on to the website to do my accomodation.
I got them pretty quick, within a week.
flowersintheattic
Report 10 years ago
is the pin number the same as the one given for the applicant enquiries service?
generic hybrid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What college are you going to be in?

They don't always send things out to you.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by flowersintheattic)
is the pin number the same as the one given for the applicant enquiries service?
It depends on the college about accommodation. Most Durham City colleges won't send out any information until after results day, and you are guaranteed a place in college in your first year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise