The Student Room Group

Should I drop a subject?

I've been having troubles completing work for all the 4 subjects I took, partly because my lack of organisation and procrastination. I took eng lit because I seen it as a back up if my grades for other subjects weren't too great, and I thought I would come to like it ( I like English, but I hate writing essays). I am worried now that it might dragged my grades for other subjects down and I was hoping that dropping it would lighten my workload and stuff. Is it too early to drop? Should I persevere and try to stop procrastinating so much (also any tips to stop this?)
Original post by cyborgturdles
I've been having troubles completing work for all the 4 subjects I took, partly because my lack of organisation and procrastination. I took eng lit because I seen it as a back up if my grades for other subjects weren't too great, and I thought I would come to like it ( I like English, but I hate writing essays). I am worried now that it might dragged my grades for other subjects down and I was hoping that dropping it would lighten my workload and stuff. Is it too early to drop? Should I persevere and try to stop procrastinating so much (also any tips to stop this?)

I advise against doing 4 A levels. There is no point stressing yourself out when universities won’t even care about your 4th A level.

How you thought about careers? If English Lit is necessary for your future career then take it but drop another subject. If English Lit is not necessary for your future career then drop it. And no it’s not too early in fact it’s getting a bit late. A term has already passed however it shouldn’t be a problem because you’re not changing your subjects you just want to drop it.

Quick Reply

Latest