Girls: Scared of giving birth? Watch

*Bleachage*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Heya
Am I the only person who feels scared of giving birth the natural way? Its just I've heard all these horror stories of getting ripped and lots of blood and unless I could have a C-Section, then I feel like I could not have kids because Im too scared of the natural way.

I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same
Keoje
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes I would be absolutely horrified by the process.
xSplashx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was ok, until quite a few female relatives talked about their experiences. Now I'm not too keen on it.
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure if my opinion counts because it's not like I'm thinking of getting pregnant or I haven't been through the experience myself but I do feel the same way. I can't even begin to comprehend giving birth the natural way. I'd go as far as to not have children just to avoid it although I don't think this would really affect me as I don't want them anyway. I feel bad though worrying about something so superficial sometimes though - I coulsn't handle any of the physical aspects, I don't want a saggy fanny or stitches! Sorry for the graphicness lol
k823127
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sure there are a lot of people scared, but obviously all of those get over it when giving birth hence the amount of people in the UK. So i guess everyone else will.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the process.. no. Pain doesnt bother me much.

The idea of having children frightens me though.
largebrandon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you think child birth is painful, try being the husband, where your hand is being tore off by your wife hold it, and her screaming "YOU DID THIS TO ME!"

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I dread that day!
obsession
Report 10 years ago
Answering to the original question- yes, but i in any way would opt for C-Section if i would be given the chance. My medical knowledge is unbelievably poor, but as far as i've heard there might be a problem if you would want another child.

But all in all- i'd want what's best and safest for the child, no matter if it's more painful or scary for me.
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not so much bothered about the pain as the aftermath on ones body. I know that's superficial and whatnot, but I look bad enough already!
clyn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ooh yeah - and what about the chances of pooping on the table (thank you Scrubs)? And the check-ups beforehand, with the doctor sticking their finger in places, and all sorts of strangers staring intently at your vagina during the actual birth, and the stitches afterwards...
*Bleachage*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
The natural way just doesnt appeal to me, all that agony, screaming, a C-Section is much more elegant but you do have to be in bed a lot longer, which wouldnt bother me much
obsession
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by largebrandon)
If you think child birth is painful, try being the husband, where your hand is being tore off by your wife hold it, and her screaming "YOU DID THIS TO ME!"

That's very sweet of you guys thinking of being there for your women
EvilSheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The process seriously freaks me out, hence why I'm considering adoption when the time comes. However, I also like the though of little-me's running around!! :p: So, don't really know how to go about that!!
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I'm scared about it too. All that pain :eek3: but I guess a lot of people go on to have more than one child so it can't be too off-putting!
Innuendo_anonymous
Report 10 years ago

Haha that so reminded me of the friends episode where chandler asks "So... do you ever wonder what hurts more, giving birth or being kicked in the nuts?" Such a great episode lol.
largebrandon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by obsession)
That's very sweet of you guys thinking of being there for your women
Well, I'm single and rich, if you're interested

Just no kids. . .ever
FrenchGal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *Bleachage*)
Heya
Am I the only person who feels scared of giving birth the natural way? Its just I've heard all these horror stories of getting ripped and lots of blood and unless I could have a C-Section, then I feel like I could not have kids because Im too scared of the natural way.

I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same

If I can, I hope I'll never have a C section. It limits the number of kids you can have, it hurts like hell for several weeks after the birth, and it takes ages to heal from the inside.

Of course it's scary... but when I want kids, it won't put me off. Like my mum says, it hurts like hell, but once you hold your baby in your arms, you know it was totally worth it.
obsession
Report 10 years ago
It's interesting how some of the girls are horrified by the thought of little stitches if the vagina would happen to break, while the others would prefer to have one but big on their stomach.
Faery_Lights
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by obsession)
Answering to the original question- yes, but i in any way would opt for C-Section if i would be given the chance. My medical knowledge is unbelievably poor, but as far as i've heard there might be a problem if you would want another child.

But all in all- i'd want what's best and safest for the child, no matter if it's more painful or scary for me.
My Mum's friend has a C-section with her first child and has gone on to have another eight. No problems there I was also born by c-section and then my Mum had my brother. I think it can depend though.

And yes, it scares me! It's a very freaky idea!
obsession
Report 10 years ago
Well, I'm single and rich, if you're interested

Just no kids. . .ever
Aww, that's a shame... And i thought you get a man with like... inbuilt need to spread his genes around the world?

You live and learn.

:p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads