The Student Room Group

"Results have to be obtained in one sitting and at the first attempt."

I e-mailed Dundee and asked them if I was eligible for the pre-med course and they replied that as long as I am predicted and achieve AAA I would be considered as long as "Results have to be obtained in one sitting and at the first attempt."

I just finished my AS levels but I resat two modules I did in January in two different subjects to higher my grade since I was a few marks of an A on both in June. Is that it? Does that mean I'm no longer allowed eligible for Dundee since I resat two modules in two subjects?:frown:
If you re-sit them, as long as you don't tell them, there is honestly no way they can know! Which is why it's such a silly policy; aside from obvious reasons.
Reply 2
That generally means overall - resits within the two years are OK, but staying on for a third year of sixth form is bad bad bad.
Reply 3
i think they have the "no-resitting" policy so that you dont get a-level results and then resit after the two years are up, and it is also probably a generic response because for the scottish higher results they only want them in one sitting and not two (we dont get to resit without it being seen as a second taking of the subject)
Reply 4
As rkd said 'one sitting' normally means within a two year period for AS+A2, as long as all your resits are within that period it should be fine, however im not sure whether by 'first attempt' they simply mean in one session or with no resits, it looks like they may be saying no resits. Best to email them and double check.
Reply 5
actually the one sitting and first attemp thing gives it away, it is aimed at scottish candidates saying that their results are required at one sitting of highers and it must be the first sitting, we cannot resit all of our highers to get the grades.

it si just a generic thing they write and you shouldnt worry about it
Thanks everyone!
rkd
That generally means overall - resits within the two years are OK, but staying on for a third year of sixth form is bad bad bad.

Depends why you stay spend a third year at a college.

:cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending