?
Report 3 weeks ago
not once you're out of junior school
crusty kebab
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I could do that in year 8 lol. It stopped being impressive from year 10.
lewis6969
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by crusty kebab)
I could do that in year 8 lol. It stopped being impressive from year 10.
ok fair enough but it seems almost nobody can name even half of the countries in the world
Possibly this
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
TSR is a very bad place to gloat. Any achievement you have, someone else will not fail to throw in your face. This is something that most people are not able to do but asking people on here if something that isn't about them is impressive is a largely futile act.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no.
The-judge-16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Possibly this)
TSR is a very bad place to gloat. Any achievement you have, someone else will not fail to throw in your face. This is something that most people are not able to do but asking people on here if something that isn't about them is impressive is a largely futile act.
So true, even getting all 9s in GCSEs on here wouldn’t be much of an achievement. 😂
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Summed up my views

Yes, OP. It is impressive
lewis6969
Rep:
?
i think you have a point lol. Then again, theres definitely someone out there who finds it impressive
lewis6969
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
Summed up my views

Yes, OP. It is impressive
thanks for the confidence boost
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lewis6969)
thanks for the confidence boost
You're welcome I (and most ppl) couldn't name half 😂
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It’s just not really very interesting, so not that impressive.

If you can perform genuine telekinetic feats then that is impressive.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's impressive to some extent, it's certainly not something that I can do personally.
It's less impressive in that there's far more useful skills out there to have.
lewis6969
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
It's impressive to some extent, it's certainly not something that I can do personally.
It's less impressive in that there's far more useful skills out there to have.
yeah you're right. its kind of a useless skill but i love countries and cultures so i personally had a blast memorising each country
Delusion6
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeah... but for like all of two minutes
lewis6969
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Delusion6)
yeah... but for like all of two minutes
thats kinda what i meant
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I mean, memorising a list is one thing... It's not a bad skill but it's not inherently useful.

What do you know about each country? Do you know the flag for each? Can you identify them from their outline?

How can you apply this knowledge? That's when it becomes impressive or useful.
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
People are being pretty negative about this. Whether it’s “impressive” is up to the individual but it can be very useful having a good general knowledge, whether this be geography, history, literature etc. Also when you learn all the country names you also pick up other stuff about the counties. For example, when I learnt “Tuvalu” I found out that they get a lot of their income from selling their “.tv” web domain!

I am very glad that I spent a bit of time in secondary school learning all the counties because it has helped me in discussions, arguments, debates and pub quizzes
lewis6969
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
I mean, memorising a list is one thing... It's not a bad skill but it's not inherently useful.

What do you know about each country? Do you know the flag for each? Can you identify them from their outline?

How can you apply this knowledge? That's when it becomes impressive or useful.
i know the flags for around 80% of them lol
lewis6969
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sir Cumference)
People are being pretty negative about this. Whether it’s “impressive” is up to the individual but it can be very useful having a good general knowledge, whether this be geography, history, literature etc. Also when you learn all the country names you also pick up other stuff about the counties. For example, when I learnt “Tuvalu” I found out that they get a lot of their income from selling their “.tv” web domain!

I am very glad that I spent a bit of time in secondary school learning all the counties because it has helped me in discussions, arguments, debates and pub quizzes
right? its just something fun to do and youre gaining knowledge at the same time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (260)
54.28%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.94%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.7%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.22%