tuesday7865
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had taken the Bank of England video interview yet and if so could offer any tips / info on how similar it will be to last year's?

Thanks!
raganosio
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tuesday7865)
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had taken the Bank of England video interview yet and if so could offer any tips / info on how similar it will be to last year's?

Thanks!
Sorry cannot be of much help as have not started yet the application process but will watch the thread. First time applying? I went through the process 2 years ago for penultimate year internship.
Bobbobbob
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

Thanks!
Same situation as the above - I applied for an industrial placement a couple of years ago but will be applying for the grad scheme this year and will deff be in this thread more in the future..
raganosio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bobbobbob)
Same situation as the above - I applied for an industrial placement a couple of years ago but will be applying for the grad scheme this year and will deff be in this thread more in the future..
which scheme have you chosen?
Bobbobbob
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by raganosio)
which scheme have you chosen?
I haven't applied yet as the deadline isn't until mid-nov but I'll be applying for the Economist scheme. U? (Also applying for Fast Stream & HMT atm)
raganosio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bobbobbob)
I haven't applied yet as the deadline isn't until mid-nov but I'll be applying for the Economist scheme. U? (Also applying for Fast Stream & HMT atm)
Me too economist, also Fast Stream (GES, GSS, Gen and DDaT). HMT Policy Advisor?
Bobbobbob
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Me too economist, also Fast Stream (GES, GSS, Gen and DDaT). HMT Policy Advisor?
Yep - just sending off my application now - no idea how competitive the scheme is or how economics-specific it is. It doesn't seem to be that well advertised but seems like the only route into the Treasury!
pop18dsa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

Thanks!
I have applied to the postgraduate stream, I am Brazil, have any of you already done the interview?
LVS2019
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you only do the video interview if you pass the online assessment ??
raganosio
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LVS2019)
Do you only do the video interview if you pass the online assessment ??
yes
LVS2019
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yes
Do you hear back straight away if ur successful in the online tests or is there a wait time ?
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LVS2019)
Do you hear back straight away if ur successful in the online tests or is there a wait time ?
I did the test a few weeks back and I'm yet to hear. Either means I've failed or there's a wait lol.
raganosio
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MrMusician95)
I did the test a few weeks back and I'm yet to hear. Either means I've failed or there's a wait lol.
Probably they havent yet set a pass mark, have you checked the spam inbox?
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
Probably they havent yet set a pass mark, have you checked the spam inbox?
I have. Have you not heard back yet either? My account still says testing under review.
pop18dsa
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

Thanks!
Which stream did you apply?
LVS2019
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Has anyone heard back after tests yet ??
raganosio
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Last year the results came through a couple of days after the closing of applications. Maybe the same will happen this year too.
Brandimo
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi all! I finished my tests and was sent a video interview invite straight away. This was last Monday I think!

I wouldn't stress too much - last year it took them much longer before they invited me to do the video interview.
raganosio
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Brandimo)
Hi all! I finished my tests and was sent a video interview invite straight away. This was last Monday I think!

I wouldn't stress too much - last year it took them much longer before they invited me to do the video interview.
How did you find the tests?
pop18dsa
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Brandimo)

Which stream did you apply?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (84)
18.67%
Labour (187)
41.56%
Liberal Democrats (93)
20.67%
Green Party (33)
7.33%
Brexit Party (15)
3.33%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.33%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.11%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)