The Student Room Group

Bank of England 2019/2020

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had taken the Bank of England video interview yet and if so could offer any tips / info on how similar it will be to last year's?

Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tuesday7865
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had taken the Bank of England video interview yet and if so could offer any tips / info on how similar it will be to last year's?

Sorry cannot be of much help as have not started yet the application process but will watch the thread. First time applying? I went through the process 2 years ago for penultimate year internship.
Hi,

Same situation as the above - I applied for an industrial placement a couple of years ago but will be applying for the grad scheme this year and will deff be in this thread more in the future..
Original post by Bobbobbob
Same situation as the above - I applied for an industrial placement a couple of years ago but will be applying for the grad scheme this year and will deff be in this thread more in the future..

which scheme have you chosen?
Original post by raganosio
which scheme have you chosen?

I haven't applied yet as the deadline isn't until mid-nov but I'll be applying for the Economist scheme. U? (Also applying for Fast Stream & HMT atm)
Original post by Bobbobbob
I haven't applied yet as the deadline isn't until mid-nov but I'll be applying for the Economist scheme. U? (Also applying for Fast Stream & HMT atm)

Me too economist, also Fast Stream (GES, GSS, Gen and DDaT). HMT Policy Advisor?
Me too economist, also Fast Stream (GES, GSS, Gen and DDaT). HMT Policy Advisor?

Yep - just sending off my application now - no idea how competitive the scheme is or how economics-specific it is. It doesn't seem to be that well advertised but seems like the only route into the Treasury!
Reply 7
Hi,

I have applied to the postgraduate stream, I am Brazil, have any of you already done the interview?
Reply 8
Do you only do the video interview if you pass the online assessment ??
Original post by LVS2019
Do you only do the video interview if you pass the online assessment ??

yes
Reply 10
yes

Do you hear back straight away if ur successful in the online tests or is there a wait time ?
Original post by LVS2019
Do you hear back straight away if ur successful in the online tests or is there a wait time ?

I did the test a few weeks back and I'm yet to hear. Either means I've failed or there's a wait lol.
Original post by MrMusician95
I did the test a few weeks back and I'm yet to hear. Either means I've failed or there's a wait lol.

Probably they havent yet set a pass mark, have you checked the spam inbox?
Probably they havent yet set a pass mark, have you checked the spam inbox?

I have. Have you not heard back yet either? My account still says testing under review.
Hi,

Which stream did you apply?
Reply 15
Has anyone heard back after tests yet ??
Last year the results came through a couple of days after the closing of applications. Maybe the same will happen this year too.
Hi all! I finished my tests and was sent a video interview invite straight away. This was last Monday I think!

I wouldn't stress too much - last year it took them much longer before they invited me to do the video interview.
Original post by Brandimo
Hi all! I finished my tests and was sent a video interview invite straight away. This was last Monday I think!

I wouldn't stress too much - last year it took them much longer before they invited me to do the video interview.

How did you find the tests?
Original post by Brandimo

Which stream did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest