tia2002rose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
applying to uni for next year and keep changing my mind between these two courses. i know i definitely want a career in international politics, maybe for the UN or NGOs. i currently take maths spanish and psychology at a level. i initially wrote my ps on IR and spanish but changed my mind for ppe and have written a new one. i changed my mind to ppe as it will incorporate IR which i’m interested in, and i can use my maths a level which i enjoy. i changed my mind slightly on spanish as although i love the language i got a C in AS and find spanish quite challenging some times so became unsure if i wanted to do a degree in it, and also would a degree in spanish language really be beneficial?
ppe ticked all the boxes as the courses sound like they had more depth to them especially where i can choose my modules in global politics etc, but with my current a level choices i feel i’m at quite a disadvantage compare to students who have had their mind set on ppe for a while and probably would have taken history / economics / philosophy etc at a level. Any advice on which course you think would be more beneficial / personal opinions appreciated
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Useful TSR article on PPE here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni.../ppe-at-oxford (and it isnt all about Oxford).

Also - given your career aspirations, look at 'International Development' courses (often with a year abroad) as they may be a better fit than traditional economics. Examples : https://www.uea.ac.uk/international-development and http://www.sussex.ac.uk/development/ugstudy/prospectus
tia2002rose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you! ah just looked into international development and that does sound really interesting, do you know how useful / respected that degree is?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tia2002rose)
Thank you! ah just looked into international development and that does sound really interesting, do you know how useful / respected that degree is?
Very relevant if you want to work in this area - both UEA and Sussex are leaders in this field, and the degree is highly valued by NGOs. Go to an Open Day if you can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.11%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (712)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads