Is self-harming bad? TW Watch

This discussion is closed.
depressionisbest
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've seen both opinions and personally, I think there's nothing really wrong with it since I'm a cutter myself but you should still find help if you're doing it. What's your opinion of it?
Deyesy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by depressionisbest)
I've seen both opinions and personally, I think there's nothing really wrong with it since I'm a cutter myself but you should still find help if you're doing it. What's your opinion of it?
It shouldn't be seen as bad. It's a way of coping. As soon as I saw it in that way, I didn't necessarily see it as a 'bad thing'.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's a coping mechanism but it's also physically destructive; there are many other safer coping mechanisms out there.

I personally like the idea of yoga or meditation to maintain my anxiety.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it's certainly ugly. most people eventually stop, but the evidence remains. there are better ways of coping.
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
how has no one reported this troll thread? disgusting. tsr makes me wanna delete my account man
username4980930
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's a coping mechanism as others have said. It's destructive in the long term and can leave scars that remind you of negtivtiy. Getting outside, breathing the air and simply going for a walk is a great way to forgot about any struggles. Try yoga or meditation as suggested. It's all in the mindset to approach the day but I don't think self harm is the best way to deal with it in the long term. All the best😊
depressionisbest
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm sorry to make your experience here miserable and hellish? i was honestly curious to see what other people think of the topic and to collect the knowledge myself. I'm truly sorry if i made you uncomfortable and offended in any way.
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm sorry to make your experience here miserable and hellish? i was honestly curious to see what other people think of the topic and to collect the knowledge myself. I'm truly sorry if i made you uncomfortable and offended in any way.
your username is literally depressionisbest and you’re saying you don’t find anything wrong with self harm. like you’re almost encouraging it? this will get taken down anyway. i think u know it’s wrong
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (46)
18.47%
Labour (103)
41.37%
Liberal Democrats (50)
20.08%
Green Party (15)
6.02%
Brexit Party (7)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
2.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)