The Student Room Group

16 and dating a 25 year old man!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HumbleBee_x
Tell me about it :K:

Original post by londonmyst
So long as its consensual and there is nothing illegal going on, that's fine.
I dated a guy in his 50s when I was 16.

Tell me he died now and you got all his money.
Original post by zedius
idk wtf im saying,

thought so, mate. go take a nap innit
Let's be honest here, if it was a 25 year old woman and a 16 year old guy, or if the older person wasn't a PoC, nobody here would be crying about paedophilia and 'motivations'.

As long as there are no red flags (on both sides of the relationship), it shouldn't be a problem.
You have to wonder what a 25 year old, a fully functioning adult, would potentially see in a 16 year old child. You only have to grow a few years past 16 to realise how immature and childish you were back then, once you get to the age of 19/20 the idea of dating a 16 year old is weird for most.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by thelocalkid

wtaf :rofl:

some wild **** on TSR and it isn't even Friday evening yet
Original post by thelocalkid

Nope. :biggrin:
I dumped him.
Original post by londonmyst
Nope. :biggrin:
I dumped him.

Lol, poor old man.
Original post by Anonymous
wtaf :rofl:

some wild **** on TSR and it isn't even Friday evening yet

Looks like someone is actually thinking about dating 16 years old when they're 25 and over.
Original post by kerry0013
Give your opinion

It really depends on the situation but that 16 yr old is under aged
thought so, mate. go take a nap innit

Never had a nap since 10. Bigmantings
Reply 70
When you're 16, you don't see a problem with it because technically you're at the age of consent. However, as you get older, you realise that there's a problem. Why is a man in his mid-20s not dating someone his own age? As you get older, you realise that it's really weird that a man is interested in someone that is still legally a child.

I'm not saying it's always a red flag, but in a majority of cases it is very weird and turns out bad once you get older, have more experience and are more mature.
(edited 4 years ago)
I didn't want to reply to this thread again but I completely agree. Some of these faux-outrage comments are so naive that it's making me lose my faith in humanity.

Also, how did you get more thumbs than me for posting the same thought... :biggrin:
you all jumped on this like a b*tch on heat but op is nowhere to be found and probs made up this little fantasy story but you guys can't get enough of dodgy age gap stories can you.
Reply 73
Maybe some of us have had friends in this very position
for them to be dating he mustve been talking to her for a while before... a 25yo has no business talking to a Key Stage 4 kid
Original post by zedius
Never had a nap since 10. Bigmantings

go take one coz i said so, fam. YoLo
you all jumped on this like a b*tch on heat but op is nowhere to be found and probs made up this little fantasy story but you guys can't get enough of dodgy age gap stories can you.

Although we claim we hate trolls, they provide us content
you're telling me a uni graduate is dating a girl doing her GCSEs
u nasty
Wait a couple of years...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending