So annoying ! Watch

Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was planning to start work on the 14th, with two days training beforehand, but now got a call saying them posistions have been pulled due to a economic fall (M&S) now thats left me with no job !!!!! my whole summer was going to be based around that, argh, i turned down other jobs just for this aswell, what a let down.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there any way you could call the places you turned jobs down to see if they have anything else going?
Its a long shot but you never know it may actually work.
MuseValheru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tell me about it. Ive been back from University for 2 months and have only just found a job paying £4.60 an hour, I was earning 4 times that during my GAP year. Had a fair few responses saying that in the current economic climate it was finantially unviable to employ me for the foreseeable future.. Great!
arsenal111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HAHA........

just kidding ask the jobs that you rejected if they will still take you on !
Bear_Grylls
Rep:
?
Nah i have checked those jobs i lost and they were taken in the past couple of weeks, my last option is to go local pool and see if they need any casual lifeguards, but i was hoping to be able to move back to uni !!!!!!!!!!
misswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
Nah i have checked those jobs i lost and they were taken in the past couple of weeks, my last option is to go local pool and see if they need any casual lifeguards, but i was hoping to be able to move back to uni !!!!!!!!!!
Check council jobs in your area, supermarkets, fast food and DWP. They are all great summer jobs. Failing that sign up with every agency possible and work in a call centre.
Bear_Grylls
Rep:
?
(Original post by misswilliams)
Check council jobs in your area, supermarkets, fast food and DWP. They are all great summer jobs. Failing that sign up with every agency possible and work in a call centre.
Well im going go back to kent to find somthing at least for the start of uni, but seriously i dont think id ever be desperate enough to work in a call centre :eek:
misswilliams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
Well im going go back to kent to find somthing at least for the start of uni, but seriously i dont think id ever be desperate enough to work in a call centre :eek:
Well I thought I would never work with food but I've been stuck in Subway for 19 months :rolleyes:

Call centre work isn't that bad, some places are obviously pants. I worked in a holiday call centre when I was 16, it was fun but stressful. GOOD money though, I only worked part time for 2 months and earned nearly £900?
Everyone tends to be very friendly, the people on the line sometimes are really obnoxious but you just don't take it to heart.

Basically if you are desperate do anything. It's only for a few months and you will learn some valuable skills... or just learn to avoid working in a place like that ever again :p:

Oh and I forgot, I recently applied to do casual stewarding for local events in my area e.g. jazz in the park, carnival. If you local council do anything like that have a look for those, it's not regular work but you will only need to do it for a weekend and the odd days. Pay from £6 upwards AND you get a fluorescent. Oh yeahhh :cool:
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by misswilliams)
DWP? Whassat??
misswilliams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EskimoJo)
DWP? Whassat??
Department for Work and Pensions - my aunty works there and they apparently have quite a number of casual jobs going
lizzierocks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahhh i got a job within 2 days of moving...

its in a factory picking and packing percussion instruments, but it's money and its paying for some uni, as well as being full time with space for overtime!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.79%
No - but I will (87)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.73%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (540)
47.79%

Watched Threads