Depression Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
what are the main clincal signs or symptoms for it? i think i might be suffereing from it but dont want to admit it [yet]:confused:
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the obvious - signs:not going out-staying at home all the time-feeling low/down-not doing the things you enjoy anymore-maybe crying alot-anger-
and symptoms:You feel very anxious sometimes.

You don't want to see people or are scared to be left alone. Social activity may feel hard or impossible.

You find it difficult to think clearly.

You feel like a failure and/or feel guilty a lot of the time.

You feel a burden to others.

You sometimes feel that life isn't worth living.

You can see no future. There is a loss of hope. You feel all you've ever done is make mistakes and that's all that you ever will do.
You feel irritable or angry more than usual.

You feel you have no confidence.

You spend a lot of time thinking about what has gone wrong, what will go wrong or what is wrong about yourself as a person. You may also feel guilty sometimes about being critical of others (or even thinking critically about them).
You feel that life is unfair.

try this website for more information if you need it and take care:

http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk...n/symptoms.htm

Xx
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As has been said before- its not really best to self diagnose yourself with a bunch of symptoms. It is normal to not want to admit it for a while but to be honest it's best to do it as early as possible.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Look it up on the net, but self diagnosing yourself is dangerous as you're likely to convince yourself you have it just for showing one of two symptoms. Go see a GP if you're really worried
dh00001
Report 10 years ago
not everyone will show all symptoms of it. and theres no point diagnoising yourself on the net else you will have every diesease in the history of man kind.
go to your gp. theres no shame in it
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
will the gp put me on tablets straight away? [as i do sometimes even think about self harm /suicide] i am planning on going soon anyway thnx for replies
dh00001
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
will the gp put me on tablets straight away? [as i do sometimes even think about self harm /suicide] i am planning on going soon anyway thnx for replies
if they decide you need them then yea.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on the GP/how long you've felt like that/how severe your symptoms are. The only way to find out is go and ask.
Garden_Gnome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends. First of all, you're way ahead of yourself. You haven't officially ben diagnosed yet. I believe that it's NICE advise GPs to refer patients for CBT or other forms of treatment in cases of mild to moderate depression. However, due to waiting lists and a lack of funding in mental health this isn't always a realistic option and some may just have to put you on tablets (probably SSRI anti-depressants).

IF you get diagnosed and IF you get placed on tablets then make sure you go to regular check ups at your GP, at least for the first few months. If you ever start having thoughts of self-harm then don't hestitate to tell your doctor straight away.

All the best :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed