Oxford TSA 2020 official thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by honeydukes01
Did anyone else not finish?

Yeah I guessed the rest
Original post by honeydukes01
Did anyone else not finish?

I didn’t even get close to finishing, it was so hard
As helpful as it is, aren't we banned from discussing specific questions in threads until tomorrow afternoon?
Did anyone find that this years TSA exam was objectively harder than all previous years?
Original post by Cosmicben17
I got the []

what a great idea!! I got the [] too, minus the [] thinking
(edited 4 years ago)
Some people still haven't sat the TSA you guys :eek:
Original post by Siobha
Answered question 1, was a godsend for me

1 was great I was honestly so ready for that question

Original post by rachelfhu
Did anyone find that this years TSA exam was objectively harder than all previous years?

I actually found it a bit easier but maybe I just had more sleep lol
Original post by voltaxy
Some people still haven't sat the TSA you guys :eek:

I thought you had to sit it this morning?
Reply 188
I guessed so many! I found it harder than previous years but that may have just been because of the pressure
Original post by jsjsjsjs333
I thought you had to sit it this morning?

Yes I sat it already, but people in different parts of the world haven't...
Original post by voltaxy
Yes I sat it already, but people in different parts of the world haven't...

ohh I assumed they used a different one for that whoops - I'll shut up about questions then :smile:
Original post by rachelfhu

I never normally notice the difference in difficulty until i mark my paper, so although I felt like it went well I also get overconfident on incorrect answers..!!
Original post by Arthurbooling
Welp. Did anyone else feel like they ran out of time. I timed the past papers fine! But on this one I only had enough time to do the first 40 n I had to guess 10 of them. Praying that bc I’m applying for chemistry

Hi! I just found this thread- I’m applying for HumSci and I ran out of time too! I left a few questions to come back to and then ending up running out of time and had to guess about 7 questions :frown:. Really not feeling good about this one.
hey what had people normally been getting on the practice papers? i’ve normally been getting around the 40-46 mark and not sure if that’s good or most people are getting nearer 50 😬 i’m applying for chemistry so just had to do section 1 but felt it was similar to the others? x
Original post by nicolesara34
Hi! I just found this thread- I’m applying for HumSci and I ran out of time too! I left a few questions to come back to and then ending up running out of time and had to guess about 7 questions :frown:. Really not feeling good about this one.

aw don't worry, exactly the same happened to me. i hope the boundaries for interviews are lower this year
Original post by ephemeral02
aw don't worry, exactly the same happened to me. i hope the boundaries for interviews are lower this year

I really hope so haha
Original post by lighthouse54
hey what had people normally been getting on the practice papers? i’ve normally been getting around the 40-46 mark and not sure if that’s good or most people are getting nearer 50 😬 i’m applying for chemistry so just had to do section 1 but felt it was similar to the others? x

40-46 out of 50 is pretty damn good. Although it does depend on the subject some are much higher than others
How did you guys do, the ones applying to E&M? The last 5 questions I had to randomly fill in, as I was running out of time haha 😭
I feel like I will not get an interview invitation...
When are you told if you have an interview? I saw online it can be really short notice, like a week before, but in practice does anyone know if they tell you more than a week in advance?
Original post by jsjsjsjs333
When are you told if you have an interview? I saw online it can be really short notice, like a week before, but in practice does anyone know if they tell you more than a week in advance?

They never normally give more than 2 weeks notice so somewhere between 1-2 weeks beforehand seems about right
edit: between a few days to 2 weeks* but its rare to have a lot of notice, not v helpful for prepping !
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending