The Student Room Group

Oxford TSA 2020 official thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeadManwalkin'
I'd say 41/42. This year's paper was generally seen to be easier than last year's (from my converstations). I think it may be similar to the 2017 TSA scoring

I don't think similar to 2017. imo 2017 was easier. this years paper had a lot of spatial reasoning ones and was a lot more time pressured causing people to guess a lot.
but how is the majority feeling about it. I think similar to last yr. does anyone know what score is needed for interview E&M. is it 70?

I'd say 41/42. This year's paper was generally seen to be easier than last year's (from my converstations). I think it may be similar to the 2017 TSA scorin
Reply 582
Original post by bob smith122333
but how is the majority feeling about it. I think similar to last yr. does anyone know what score is needed for interview E&M. is it 70?

it really varies between years. For example, for PPE for an interview in 2016 you needed 68, in 2017 - 65 and in 2018 72.
Reply 583
I'd say 41/42. This year's paper was generally seen to be easier than last year's (from my converstations). I think it may be similar to the 2017 TSA scoring

All the people I've seen said it was much much harder. Not only Problem Solving but also Critical Thinking. I doubt 70 will be higher than 38.
Original post by bob smith122333

Good (contextualized) Grades + references + 67-70 tsa = decent interview chances.
Otherwise 70+ in TSA tends to be a guranteed interview. It depends on how other E&M students have done of course. What college are you applying to?
Good (contextualized) Grades + references + 67-70 tsa = decent interview chances.
Otherwise 70+ in TSA tends to be a guranteed interview. It depends on how other E&M students have done of course. What college are you applying to?

I did open and got Keble wbu?
Reply 586
Hey guys, does anyone know roughly when PPE interview invitations go out? And do the application rejections go out the same time? Or do you just not get a notification
Original post by jirr44
Hey guys, does anyone know roughly when PPE interview invitations go out? And do the application rejections go out the same time? Or do you just not get a notification

end of nov
Original post by _Lottie_01
Maybe looked like this? The 3, 9. 1 and 8 are def right but less sure about the others

The 2 and 1 were the other way round. 100%
Reply 589
Original post by vasilisprekezes
However I was referring to the pie chart questions about the school trip

Does anyone remember specifics on the pie chart about the school trip? I'm almost sure I put D
Reply 590
Anyone remembers the main conclusion about punctuation in Grammar schools?
Reply 591
Anyone remembers which were the most expensive days in the question with the bar chart about standard and premium tickets?
Reply 592
About the one referring to workers complaining about large companies tax avoidance, I think I put A. Anyone recalls anything about it?
Reply 593
Original post by MatGOB
About the one referring to workers complaining about large companies tax avoidance, I think I put A. Anyone recalls anything about it?

I struggled between "trader paid 7x more than facebook" and "sole purpose was pushing big company to pay more" but decided for the latter
Original post by MatGOB
Does anyone remember specifics on the pie chart about the school trip? I'm almost sure I put D

I think I put E?
Reply 595
Original post by MatGOB
Anyone remembers which were the most expensive days in the question with the bar chart about standard and premium tickets?

I think I said the middle and right one but I totally guessed

Original post by MatGOB
Anyone remembers the main conclusion about punctuation in Grammar schools?

I think I put british education should teach traditional punctuation again
Original post by MatGOB

Was the answer Friday and Saturday?
Reply 597
Original post by MatGOB

I think my option had the numbers 45 and 55 in them
Original post by honeydukes01
Was the answer Friday and Saturday?

Me it’s fri and sat 100%%%
Original post by jirr44
I struggled between "trader paid 7x more than facebook" and "sole purpose was pushing big company to pay more" but decided for the latter

I put the latter. The argument seemed to centre on the businesses being hypocritical, which didn't hold if they simply wanted to make a statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending