Chances of getting accomodation this late? Watch

nathanielnoir
Badges: 7
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey everyone, seeing as I messed up my first year at a different uni, I've decided to transfer to Man Met but it has been a bit of a nightmare. I finally have my MMU student number so can apply for accomodation, but it seems I have to wait a few days whilst I am put onto the system.

I was just wondering what the chances of living in Cambridge or Cavendish Halls would be...or am I too late and have no chance of being offered?

Thanks for the help!
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you don't get MMU uni accom there's plenty of private halls still advertising rooms.
nathanielnoir
Thanks for the help, I haven't looked at private accomodation yet. I just really liked sharing with a lot of people last year, so Cavendish Halls seemed alright!

I hope I'm not too late! :mad: Does anyone think I have a chance?
miss_smith
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i think you'll be alright, i mean, there will be lots of people that won't be able to apply for accomodation until august with results say if it's an insurance choice or whatever, and also people who live within 30 miles of the uni can't live in the uni halls so both of these are going to up your chance. i mean between them (cambridge and cavendish) there's like near on 1400 rooms, i think you should be okay, but don't quote me on that! good luck x
nathanielnoir
(Original post by miss_smith)
i think you'll be alright, i mean, there will be lots of people that won't be able to apply for accomodation until august with results say if it's an insurance choice or whatever, and also people who live within 30 miles of the uni can't live in the uni halls so both of these are going to up your chance. i mean between them (cambridge and cavendish) there's like near on 1400 rooms, i think you should be okay, but don't quote me on that! good luck x
Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better! Hopefully things will work out
Jim-ie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are lots and lots of private places which just means you dont have to apply through the university, you do it yourself.

They're also cheaper for the most part.
goodmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think your chances of getting into cambridge or cavendish are pretty low, you'll be able to get in somewhere I imagine but I would expect to be told that you will be put on a few waiting lists
Ava_Rice
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I put Grosvenor Halls as my first choice last year but the uni messed up my application and didn't realise I needed accommodation until about this time last year, I ended up in Wilmslow Park which wasn't one of my choices so I take it the All Saints halls were full. But like everyone's said, there's always rooms in private halls so they'll sort something out for you, I wouldn't worry about it.
d0mz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There will be plenty of people on results day who have accomodation but choose not to come/go to Manchester Met, and the uni has to fill those halls somehow. Email them and ask about availability, and if there is little to choose from, wait until results day (even if you aren't actually getting results) and call or email about availability then, you should have more choice IMO.
nathanielnoir
Thanks everyone. I guess the only thing I can do is wait and hope for the best, nothing I can do to change it. :no:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 15 May '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (414)
37.77%
No - but I will (84)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (523)
47.72%

Watched Threads