The Student Room Group

MLAT 2020 Entry Official Thread!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mundosinfin
does anyone know what a good score for MLAT would be? :0

I think that they around 50% is a good mark... but don’t hold me to it. Hope it helps:smile: x
Hi! I’m Olive 😊 I’m applying for French and linguistics at Worcester

I’ve mostly been revising by doing past papers n grammar exercises, but I’ve heard the linguistics Olympiad is good practice for the linguistics section, so I might try those because I can’t find anymore papers with mark schemes for the full MLAT 🙁 I’m not looking forwards to it though ngl
Original post by Fleuryildirim
I made a gc, drop your @ if you want to be added :smile:

Could I be added? It’s @amberolive46 :smile:
College: Somerville
Languages:colone:nglish and Spanish

Hi know this is really last minute but could I join your gc?
:smile: could do with some support
Original post by rosieseymourx
College: Somerville
Languages:colone:nglish and Spanish

Hi know this is really last minute but could I join your gc?
:smile: could do with some support

Ofc! Dm me your @
How did everyone find it? (For your language) :smile:
Reply 66
french was okay, but the linguistics section was probably the most fun i've ever had doing an exam ever (even if i didn't finish it)
Is it just me or was the LAT harder than the practice papers?
Reply 68
i’m applying for french and beginner’s italian at jesus - i thought the french paper wasn’t v difficult but the languages aptitude test was quite difficult!

feeling ok about it though 😀
Reply 69
Original post by Fleuryildirim
I made a gc, drop your @ if you want to be added :smile:

could you add me? my @ is @charliebircham :smile:
@adamwhito 👍
Reply 71
Original post by Kaddiex
Any German applicants?

Me!! Are you applying for sole German or joint hons?
Original post by Kaddiex
Any German applicants?

me :smile: which college are you applying to?
Hi everyone!! I’ve applied for History and French at Oriel (any other Oriel hopefuls out there? :smile:)
I think the MLAT went well for me, there were a couple of phrases where I probably translated the gist rather than the actual meaning if that makes sense but I’m hoping that my answers will be accepted. Fingers crossed and good luck everyone!
Original post by hxnnahxx
Hi everyone!! I’ve applied for History and French at Oriel (any other Oriel hopefuls out there? :smile:)
I think the MLAT went well for me, there were a couple of phrases where I probably translated the gist rather than the actual meaning if that makes sense but I’m hoping that my answers will be accepted. Fingers crossed and good luck everyone!

I’m oriel too!!!
Original post by SpanishCupcake5
I’m oriel too!!!

Yeeeee!!! I’ve not met many other people who have applied to Oriel... all the Oxford applicants from my school picked Magdalen except for me lol
I’m guessing from your username that you’re doing Spanish? How did the MLAT go for you? I had a quick flick to the spanish section after I finished my french test (I do Spanish a-level but haven’t applied for it at Oxford) and I think I preferred the look of it to my french... qué lástima :wink:
Reply 76
what did you think of the linguistics test? Q2 the graph was interesting.. really enjoyed Q3 though!
Reply 77
Original post by nvb123
what did you think of the linguistics test? Q2 the graph was interesting.. really enjoyed Q3 though!

I didn't finish the last 4 or 5 questions in the linguistics paper. The parts I did do, I'm not so sure about.
Reply 78
Original post by Spanguist
I didn't finish the last 4 or 5 questions in the linguistics paper. The parts I did do, I'm not so sure about.

I wrote an answer for every question but I'm worried I rushed Q2 in order to finish the paper!

I spent too long on Q1 I think, but hopefully it was okay!
Reply 79
Original post by geolh
I wrote an answer for every question but I'm worried I rushed Q2 in order to finish the paper!

I spent too long on Q1 I think, but hopefully it was okay!

Yeah I didn't finish at all. What language are you guys doing with linguistics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending