Keto diet, but not enough fats and calories Watch

EyestriX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi everyone,
I decided to do a keto diet 3-4 days ago, started off by cutting any bread or wheat and then today I gave up high carb veg too.
Today i had 69% fat, 20% carbs, 11% proteins but only managed to get 900 calories...
I'm not sure what else I can eat to increase the fat intake (it just seems a lil unhealthy?) and i feel full so soon.
Also 20% carbs seem alot, i didn't have anything that i thought was high in carbs but it kidna all added up (i think maybe the Brussels Sprouts had way too much?)

Anyways, does the keto diet still work if you're only eating 70% fat? And not enough calories?

I just ate again, and still my body feels so weak (my hands and arms keep shaking) and i get vertigo every now and then
I'm not sure if it's the keto flu or the fact that I'm too low on calories? What do you suggest I do/eat?

Just as a side note, i ate rice yesterday and had something very sweet, so it probably broke any ketosis but I didn't wanna give up
l00ps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have been doing a keto diet for the last month and from the information I have gathered it depends on your body, for example I had not problem at the point I am now I eat breakfast and dinner this is enough for me to be sustained throughout the whole day due to my body fat being used as my energy. For the intake of carbs I do it so that I limit it to below 50g a day and the rest is fat with some protein with this plan I've had no problem getting into ketosis and staying. However it does get quite boring eating the same breakfast but you can change it up. I'd recommend looking at some keto specific recipes.

For breakfast I'd recommend any type of prepared eggs which some meat such as sausages.
For dinner/lunch prepare something from the internet.

Keep in mind I am no expert in health career the biology behind ketosis I am speaking from experience.
Last edited by l00ps; 4 months ago
EyestriX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by l00ps)
I have been doing a keto diet for the last month and from the information I have gathered it depends on your body, for example I had not problem at the point I am now I eat breakfast and dinner this is enough for me to be sustained throughout the whole day due to my body fat being used as my energy. For the intake of carbs I do it so that I limit it to below 50g a day and the rest is fat with some protein with this plan I've had no problem getting into ketosis and staying. However it does get quite boring eating the same breakfast but you can change it up. I'd recommend looking at some keto specific recipes.

For breakfast I'd recommend any type of prepared eggs which some meat such as sausages.
For dinner/lunch prepare something from the internet.

Keep in mind I am no expert in health career the biology behind ketosis I am speaking from experience.
Thanks.

I feel so sick atm i feel like giving up, my body is just shaking and i feel dizzy, as if I'm gonna faint any minute. Can't even get up or write. I feel sick when i think of food, the past 2 days have been the most horrible days of my life
l00ps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's recommended to drink a lot of water
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (499)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.15%
No- I want it (237)
28.38%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.71%

Watched Threads