Umichu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am a family member of an EU (Non EU) my husband is polish and we have been together for nearly 5 years and I currently hold Per settled status And only married for 4 months. My question is why my application has been refused under the grounds that my residence doesn’t meet your criteria just because I have only been married for 4 months. But in all the documents and advice from students no where mentions that we have to be married for the whole 3 years to be eligible for the loans. Can someone please reply this to me thank you.
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Umichu)
I am a family member of an EU (Non EU) my husband is polish and we have been together for nearly 5 years and I currently hold Per settled status And only married for 4 months. My question is why my application has been refused under the grounds that my residence doesn’t meet your criteria just because I have only been married for 4 months. But in all the documents and advice from students no where mentions that we have to be married for the whole 3 years to be eligible for the loans. Can someone please reply this to me thank you.
Hi there,

Did you apply for EU Student funding (Tuition Fees only) or Home Student funding (Tuition Fees, Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants)?

If you are comfortable to share this information here, please confirm the following and we can check your eligibility:
-Your course details – university, course name, level of qualification, length of course, start date and is it full a time or part time course.
-Your age.
-Your nationality, current status in the UK (if applicable) and where you have been living for the past 5 years.
-How many years of previous study you have in higher education.
-Your highest level of qualification.
- Is your husband currently working in the UK and will he continue to do so throughout your studies?

Or if you prefer, you can send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter and we can look in to this for you.

Thanks, Ashley.
Umichu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi there,

Did you apply for EU Student funding (Tuition Fees only) or Home Student funding (Tuition Fees, Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants)?

If you are comfortable to share this information here, please confirm the following and we can check your eligibility:
-Your course details – university, course name, level of qualification, length of course, start date and is it full a time or part time course.
-Your age.
-Your nationality, current status in the UK (if applicable) and where you have been living for the past 5 years.
-How many years of previous study you have in higher education.
-Your highest level of qualification.
- Is your husband currently working in the UK and will he continue to do so throughout your studies?

Or if you prefer, you can send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter and we can look in to this for you.

Thanks, Ashley.
I applied for student fees and also for the maintenance loan as I was advised before by someone from student finance that if I don’t meet the 5 years for maintenance loan they will take into consideration my partner’s rights to exercise his freedom of movement.
my course is Midwifery at Teesside university, it’s a BSc it’s 3 years and full time started 16/09/19 finish 12/09/2022.
i am 30 years old nationality Tanzanian, currently hold settled status, I have live in the uk for the past 12 years, I have had 4 years of previous study BA.
my husband is self employed and will keep working through out.
Amy SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Umichu)
I applied for student fees and also for the maintenance loan as I was advised before by someone from student finance that if I don’t meet the 5 years for maintenance loan they will take into consideration my partner’s rights to exercise his freedom of movement.
my course is Midwifery at Teesside university, it’s a BSc it’s 3 years and full time started 16/09/19 finish 12/09/2022.
i am 30 years old nationality Tanzanian, currently hold settled status, I have live in the uk for the past 12 years, I have had 4 years of previous study BA.
my husband is self employed and will keep working through out.
Hi there,

If you send us a DM on Twitter or Facebook we can take a further look into your account specifically for you and advise on this.

Thanks, Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (142)
18.83%
Labour (322)
42.71%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.44%
Brexit Party (21)
2.79%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)