adam4864
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi!

So basically I'm starting out this years FMP for graphic design 3rd year and I'm struggling with ideas! My tutors say I need to stick to a topic that I'm passionate about so I've gone with music, or in particular heavy metal and the controversies surrounding the genre.

So far for my proposal I've got this:
'My project will be on the theme of heavy metal music, and the controversies behind the genre. Statements like ‘metal is just noise’, ‘Do that music not make you feel depressed?’, ‘Why is there so many sub-genres, it’s so unnecessary?’ get thrown around a lot by people who aren’t educated in this genre of music. My aim is to show there’s more to metal than just noise, and this can be done by illustrating themes around each major sub-genre in metal with an entertaining twist. The project will be aimed at the people who don’t know much about the genre, as well as beginners of the genre who don’t know how to differentiate each sub-genre from another. '

Has anyone got any ideas to help me develop this idea? I enjoy doing expressive typography, layouts for books etc... I just feel like my idea is too bland so far and I dont know where I'm going with it at all!
JensonJT
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi AdamFor my FMP I went with a music festival. I love deep house music and festivals so it was a no brainer, I knew what I had to create as I have been to many festivals and its such an open brief you can let loose and show your skills where they lie best, in branding, animation, print and digital work and even product design.Hope this helps! do something different and think out side of the box
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed