I think my friends are bad influences

Watch
Jaib06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, this is my first post. I'm currently in year 9 and I love my friends, but they are the sort of people to go out and smoke/do drugs/sneak out/drink. Obviously this is bad, but I kinda enjoy it, however, with GCSES getting closer, I feel like this is bad. I've tried ditching them in the past, but I get lonely and I feel like I need to muck around, help?
sienna0305
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are your friends older or also in year 9? in my opinion 13 is wayyyyyy too young to do any of those things
hl8910
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jaib06)
Hey, this is my first post. I'm currently in year 9 and I love my friends, but they are the sort of people to go out and smoke/do drugs/sneak out/drink. Obviously this is bad, but I kinda enjoy it, however, with GCSES getting closer, I feel like this is bad. I've tried ditching them in the past, but I get lonely and I feel like I need to muck around, help?
Be disciplined, set aside time to work for your exams where you will do nothing but work. Then set time for going out with friends, it's all about balance. it's important to keep a social life as important it is to work for exams.

I mean it's not great that your friends are doing drugs, but at the same time i feel it's a part of growing up. Don't be getting off your face with drugs and alcohol, keep a sensible head, have fun, but more importantly, try not to become too influenced by them.

I've known people who sound like your friends that have ended up as layers and engineers, I also have mates like your friends with little to none prospects in life.
Jaib06
Rep:
?
(Original post by sienna0305)
are your friends older or also in year 9? in my opinion 13 is wayyyyyy too young to do any of those things
Yeah they are all in year 9 too, I know it's way to young to do anything, over the summer I had too much to drink and i ended up in the Hospital
Jaib06
Rep:
?
(Original post by hl8910)
Be disciplined, set aside time to work for your exams where you will do nothing but work. Then set time for going out with friends, it's all about balance. it's important to keep a social life as important it is to work for exams.

I mean it's not great that your friends are doing drugs, but at the same time i feel it's a part of growing up. Don't be getting off your face with drugs and alcohol, keep a sensible head, have fun, but more importantly, try not to become too influenced by them.

I've known people who sound like your friends that have ended up as layers and engineers, I also have mates like your friends with little to none prospects in life.
Cheers dude, it's hard being disciplined with drugs literally one call away, but like you said, I think it's kinda part of growing up. It's just getting better self control
hl8910
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cheers dude, it's hard being disciplined with drugs literally one call away, but like you said, I think it's kinda part of growing up. It's just getting better self control
Yeah you need to stay away from the drugs trust me, I didn't realise you were only 13 that's pretty young for even drinking, never mind the drugs.

If you're going to do anything just stay away from the drugs, especially as you're still developing. Things could fall apart for you pretty quickly if you don't stay disciplined.

drink if you have to drink but try to stay away from the spirits. you're grades are more important
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel like it’s good to have a few bad influence friends. Where’s the fun without them?? 😂
Obviously drugs is a different thing
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is having fun and then getting into trouble too. Drugs are a big no and can get you into deep deep trouble. Try and find another bunch of friends and see how that goes.
Jaib06
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kutie Karen)
There is having fun and then getting into trouble too. Drugs are a big no and can get you into deep deep trouble. Try and find another bunch of friends and see how that goes.
I know it sounds weird, but I have autism. How? How do you "Get friends"
Jaib06
Rep:
?
(Original post by hl8910)
Yeah you need to stay away from the drugs trust me, I didn't realise you were only 13 that's pretty young for even drinking, never mind the drugs.

If you're going to do anything just stay away from the drugs, especially as you're still developing. Things could fall apart for you pretty quickly if you don't stay disciplined.

drink if you have to drink but try to stay away from the spirits. you're grades are more important
That's my point, I have bad self control, so I'm thinking if I just cut contact and remove them from my life, maybe I'd be better off?
Kutie Karen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know it sounds weird, but I have autism. How? How do you "Get friends"
Do you have anyone else in your year that you can relate to or say even hi to? That could be a starting point.
cheerIeader
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They sound trashy AF. Not even like pretty fun girls who do fun things while getting straight A's.

Drop them ASAP.
Jaib06
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
You have control over your own life. I can relate because I was (and still am lol) always the most innocent one who never touched a drop of alcohol or sniffed any toxic sh*t like that, and I'm glad that my beliefs were that firm as an early-teen

but tbh it's part of 'teenage culture' in secondary school, you just need to not get pressured easily. Stand your ground. You've had your time to muck around now focus on your future. Also, you can still have fun without being bad and breaking the law lmao
As mentioned before, I don't have the best self control, especially when it comes to substances, do you believe I should just cut them out, or just get better at not doing dumb stuff?
Jaib06
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kutie Karen)
Do you have anyone else in your year that you can relate to or say even hi to? That could be a starting point.
I guess, but I think people think I'm just weird, for example I once just fully lobbed a chair at someone because they wouldn't shut up
cheerIeader
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay. Let me give you some proper advice from a pretty popular girl who still had a group that are amounting to a lot.

You can have fun without doing illegal activities. There are a reason lots of us don't touch drugs and it isn't just because we're trashy it's because underneath that layer of superficial b***ch we're still determined to go far in our lives. If you hang with people who are willing to ruin their lives, reputations and their looks then they're not worthy of your time.

I managed to be pretty, popular and still achieve good grades. More than one way to skin a cat. XX
SlightlySummer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As mentioned before, I don't have the best self control, especially when it comes to substances, do you believe I should just cut them out, or just get better at not doing dumb stuff?
Uh honestly, both. Stop the substances because you're in year 9, these (GCSEs) are the building blocks to your future.
You don't want to mess that up, always keep that as motivation. I suggest you learn more about the dangers of substance misuse, and maybe see if your school offer an advisor or therapist idrk it's up to you.

And yes, you also need to get better at not doing dumb stuff lol, because it will carry severe consequences. Imagine you in 5 years wallowing in guilt and regret. And then compare that to the thought of you being in further education, on the path to a great career
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need to be strong. Dont follow them . Be yourself. See them when you see them!
GCSE_beginner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there
Just want to let you know that this is one if the many situations that will test your inner strength and resilience. I'm in year 9 too and this is the point where as be be one teens, we start to go out of our comfort zones and do new things. They might be good and they might be bad. But I want to echo everyone else's responses and do what you and only you think is right. In bad situations, where you are encouraged to do bad things, you don't want to do it but are scared that you'll be called a wimp if you don't. At the end if the day, they aren't going to matter. You are
GCSE_beginner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GCSE_beginner)
Hi there
Just want to let you know that this is one if the many situations that will test your inner strength and resilience. I'm in year 9 too and this is the point where as be be one teens, we start to go out of our comfort zones and do new things. They might be good and they might be bad. But I want to echo everyone else's responses and do what you and only you think is right. In bad situations, where you are encouraged to do bad things, you don't want to do it but are scared that you'll be called a wimp if you don't. At the end if the day, they aren't going to matter. You are
5th typing mistake on TSR
Be be one? Are you serious?
The thing is when you type on your phone fast, you don't notice the typos you're making until after you post
Last edited by GCSE_beginner; 1 year ago
Analyst89
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stay away from the drugs.

Do what is best for you and what is right. Do not take part in anything bad.

If they pressure you, your life matters and they won't matter to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
26.64%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.68%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.93%

Watched Threads