The Student Room Group

End

End of thread
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What do you want to achieve at the end? Do you want more friends or do you want time alone to do your own thing?

If you want more friends then the opportunities are set out for you and your few friends seem like they actively want you to hang out with them. Take that opportunity and try to have fun. Even if you don't enjoy it that much just make a good impression so you have a few mates to talk to if you need to.

If you want to be alone, well just tell them you prefer being alone but for them to not take that personally. And do your own thing, although I wouldn't advise that as being lonely sucks after a while.

Good luck!
You seem to enjoy their company and so do you. Just enjoy it
Original post by Discrepancy
You seem to enjoy their company and so do you. Just enjoy it

Original post by Angusburgerman
What do you want to achieve at the end? Do you want more friends or do you want time alone to do your own thing?

If you want more friends then the opportunities are set out for you and your few friends seem like they actively want you to hang out with them. Take that opportunity and try to have fun. Even if you don't enjoy it that much just make a good impression so you have a few mates to talk to if you need to.

If you want to be alone, well just tell them you prefer being alone but for them to not take that personally. And do your own thing, although I wouldn't advise that as being lonely sucks after a while.

Good luck!

Ty for read+reply

I kinda do. But problem is. Me being a lil ***** they smoke weed (some) and theyll probs peer pressure me and i dont wanna do it at all. Also they r fun but i cant rlly see myself with them. They seem fit 4 each other. Same lessons, bus route, respect each other. Wouldnt say im the odd 1 but i kinda am.

Tbf only 1 wants me around(asks). I feel bad bc i always let him down. They ask me to go on the bus with them but i say no bc im a sucker 4 love and currently trying to talk to this girl at my stop. Which is kinda selfish and snakey considering bros b4 hoes.

In their convos i feel awkward while they have jokes idk much about or convos or other ppl idk about. In the gc i feel like nobody knows who i am and which is why i dont even tslk there. Ill just be that annoying guy every1 dislikes
When i sit alone or am doing my work the good friend asks me to go with him ect and i di but most of the time i just wanna stay in the library instead of walking around doing jack **** lol
Original post by zedius
Ty for read+reply

I kinda do. But problem is. Me being a lil ***** they smoke weed (some) and theyll probs peer pressure me and i dont wanna do it at all. Also they r fun but i cant rlly see myself with them. They seem fit 4 each other. Same lessons, bus route, respect each other. Wouldnt say im the odd 1 but i kinda am.

Tbf only 1 wants me around(asks). I feel bad bc i always let him down. They ask me to go on the bus with them but i say no bc im a sucker 4 love and currently trying to talk to this girl at my stop. Which is kinda selfish and snakey considering bros b4 hoes.

In their convos i feel awkward while they have jokes idk much about or convos or other ppl idk about. In the gc i feel like nobody knows who i am and which is why i dont even tslk there. Ill just be that annoying guy every1 dislikes

I understand, maybe try to join in their convos.

Plus don't feel pressured because if you don't want to do something then don't do it. They would understand.

Try to get to know the other 3 guys and just say "hi" or something, "how was your day?"

Also, maybe try and take the same route as them. Not everyday, but at least twice a week or something.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by zedius
Ty for read+reply

try and sort out time on the weekend and stuff with that one friend. The rest you don't have to hang out with if you don't want to, they seem like the group I'd also not want to hang out with but that one guy seems really nice. So yeah hang out with just him and enjoy yourself and if he enjoys your company too then youre sorted! You might want to also try and talk to new people in your classes and make a few new friends that always help.
Original post by Angusburgerman
try and sort out time on the weekend and stuff with that one friend. The rest you don't have to hang out with if you don't want to, they seem like the group I'd also not want to hang out with but that one guy seems really nice. So yeah hang out with just him and enjoy yourself and if he enjoys your company too then youre sorted! You might want to also try and talk to new people in your classes and make a few new friends that always help.

Hes usually always out with them. Theyre like best friends. I get along rlly well with all my claasmates. But i dont see them outside of clsss ehich is sad af
I understand, maybe try to join in their convos.

Plus don't feel pressured because if you don't want to do something then don't do it. They would understand.

Try to get to know the other 3 guys and just say "hi" or something, "how was your day?"

Also, maybe try and take the same route as them. Not everyday, but at least twice a week or something.

Ik them all. Been friends since y7. Close until year 8. Drifted until year 10 and chill/neutral till now. They already close with one another and i dont wanna seem desperate ect.

I mean i cant get pressured to do anything i could just say no but the smell of it and being left out is a no tbh
Original post by zedius
Hes usually always out with them. Theyre like best friends. I get along rlly well with all my claasmates. But i dont see them outside of clsss ehich is sad af

Ik them all. Been friends since y7. Close until year 8. Drifted until year 10 and chill/neutral till now. They already close with one another and i dont wanna seem desperate ect.

I mean i cant get pressured to do anything i could just say no but the smell of it and being left out is a no tbh

Try to hang out with them when you can and if you want your own time then just go somewhere quiet
I can’t help but I find you pretty fkn hilarious on here so yeah 😂🙂
Try to hang out with them when you can and if you want your own time then just go somewhere quiet

Ye ill just focus on my **** and hang out when its convenient for me

It doesnt bother me if i dont have friends or be alone to be honest its just that i have to get used to it a lil bit first
Original post by OR321
I can’t help but I find you pretty fkn hilarious on here so yeah 😂🙂

Cba to go anon

Everyones got problems yk. Ig this is mine lmao

Edit:Wait nvm thought u said u found this thread hilarious. Bouta get TRIGGERED.

Thanks tho aha ur pretty hilarious 2
Original post by zedius
Cba to go anon

Everyones got problems yk. Ig this is mine lmao

Do you think you act differently online as opposed to real life?? Maybe you feel more comfortable talking online?? Idk
Original post by OR321
Do you think you act differently online as opposed to real life?? Maybe you feel more comfortable talking online?? Idk

Na im the same inrl. I just speak my thoughts without filters with randoms, but considerably with friends/classmated Like the other day i was walking to the entrance and these girls infront were walking kinda slow so i said to my mate outloud(unintentionally bc i had headphones on so couldn't hear myself) 'bro dont u hate when ppl walk so slow ffs'. Felt so bad because they moved out of my way and gave me dirty looks lol.
Original post by OR321

U didnt read my edit of that reply!!
Original post by zedius
U didnt read my edit of that reply!!

I’ve seen it now, thanksss man
Original post by zedius
Na im the same inrl. I just speak my thoughts without filters with randoms, but considerably with friends/classmated Like the other day i was walking to the entrance and these girls infront were walking kinda slow so i said to my mate outloud(unintentionally bc i had headphones on so couldn't hear myself) 'bro dont u hate when ppl walk so slow ffs'. Felt so bad because they moved out of my way and gave me dirty looks lol.

Ahaha this is literally me. But I never feel bad coz I just dgaf
Original post by OR321
Ahaha this is literally me. But I never feel bad coz I just dgaf

Ayy.

Btw r u in y12
Original post by zedius
Ayy.

Btw r u in y12

Lmao no. I’m in my first year of uni.
Are you doing a levels??
Original post by OR321
Lmao no. I’m in my first year of uni.