IB predicted score and entry requirements Watch

Lothar Warlock
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
If I have a predicted score of say 33, and i'm applying to Cardiff's Accounting course which requires 33, then what are my chances of getting an offer? (assuming my PS and reference are okay, not excellent but not bad either)

How about for Nottingham's accounting course? It requires less, i.e. 32, but it's a more competitive university I presume.

33 is my very minimum predicted grade.. I could get anywhere between 33 and 36, just to have you guys know. :cool:
trm90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as your PS is fine you have a pretty good chance of getting an offer, even in Nottingham's case. If it was something like Edinburgh or Bristol it's never really surprising to get rejected as they have so many applicants and can be pretty annoying about it, but you're good to go :yy:!
Lothar Warlock
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Whoa thanks! Because my mom keeps telling me that I have to completely clear the entry requirements to even have a chance of getting an offer... again, thanks!
trm90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Trust me, if you were predicted 31-32 and the entry req. was 34 points, you would still have a chance of an offer.

My sister was 'apparently' (may have been an administrative error on the school's part) predicted 35-37 and ended up getting an interview at Cambridge as well. I don't know though, it's all very strange, predictions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (435)
37.6%
No - but I will (88)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
47.88%

Watched Threads