Pwc Assurance Application Watch

charlord
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey

I am in the middle of filling in an application for PWC in Assurance (Public Services). I am a little stuck on one question...

From a business perspective, if you were to join PwC, which organisation would be your ideal client and what services do you think PwC would be providing to enhance the organisation's continued business success (maximum 150 words)? Please note the organisation does not have to be a current client of PwC.*

Is it ok to be quite vague or do you think I should be more specific and choose something from the recent press???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Emma_T
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I have same question
uthinkilltellu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A local authory...? And the service provided could be something along the lines of stock control?, or financial accounts verification?
dhokes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by charlord)
Hey

I am in the middle of filling in an application for PWC in Assurance (Public Services). I am a little stuck on one question...

From a business perspective, if you were to join PwC, which organisation would be your ideal client and what services do you think PwC would be providing to enhance the organisation's continued business success (maximum 150 words)? Please note the organisation does not have to be a current client of PwC.*

Is it ok to be quite vague or do you think I should be more specific and choose something from the recent press???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Give an example of 'quite vague'. Personally, I think it should be quite specific. Also, it doesn't have to be in the recent press: try and be original.
high_definition
Report 10 years ago
pick a firm that pwc can provide a range of services - transaction services, audit, valuations, etc.....think about what kind of firm would require all of these, and more services...maybe also risk assurance services and strategy consulting.....and if you want to get above the pile, think - you are mentioning all these services that pwc can give to one client....what are the limitations??

i could tell u what i wrote in my app last year...but ill let you think about it!
t_ucd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In my opinion picking a company you're actually interested in is the most important thing. I was really grilled about that question in my partner interview and if I had just picked whatever company was in the news at the time, I don't think I could have answered the questions as well.
HALe
Report 10 years ago
Do we have to refer to a specific real company, or can we just make it general, as in talking about a type of company in ABC industry, has DEF characteristics and in GHI situation?
chalmdog
Report 10 years ago
You have to really think about this as a large part of your interview is on this question so know it back to front.
t_ucd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HALe)
Do we have to refer to a specific real company, or can we just make it general, as in talking about a type of company in ABC industry, has DEF characteristics and in GHI situation?
The question does ask "which organisation would be your ideal client", so to me it's quite obvious that you would pick one company. To be honest, picking some general industry could be interpreted as trying to be too clever and not actually answering the question asked, so I'd advise against it.
smallmonck
Report 10 years ago
i wrote P&G and passed that stage
Dionis_antic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
p&g belongs to deloitte
Wololo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're only a year late...
Yazmina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hate thread bumpers.
Breadster™
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i hate pwc
Yazmina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Breadster™)
i hate pwc
I hate them too. Think they're all big and amazing.
jobhunter1985
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Yazmina)

Same. Whenever I ask the people I know working there if they like it, they go quiet.
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am a little mad at them because they rejected me after my AC for some rather stupid reasons while ignoring all of my good qualities.
Yazmina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by teriaki)
I am a little mad at them because they rejected me after my AC for some rather stupid reasons while ignoring all of my good qualities.
why?
Breadster™
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it's so true
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
why?
Because I didn't get the job, thats why.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads