Running a forum style feed website Watch

BluesMan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi there

Im developing a system for a peice of coursework, of which I need to do research on the systems forum style websites use.

For example, a user creates an account (much like TSR) and gets a control pannel, the ability to create topics and threads in certain areas, update easily through a nice interface, and generally have the ability to input to a website.

There has to be admin account which can edit topics on a main page, or collection of main pages, move user comments around, etc.

Just generally a flexible system. What kind of systems are around at the minute that provide such flexibility? Ive been checking a few on the net, but they seem to be lots. Im relatively new to the web based languages, but I have lots of experience with *proper* programming languages .

Thanks
guitarromantic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Off the top of my head:

phpBB
vBulletin
Invision
YaBB/SimpleMachines
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
phpBB is, at least in my opinion, the best free forum software you can get. phpBB 3 is really good.

vBulletin is probably the best forum software you can get, and support for it is epically huge. however, the initial investment isn't cheap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (279)
38.01%
No - but I will (53)
7.22%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (349)
47.55%

Watched Threads