The Student Room Group

Defer entry

I have been offered a medical defer entry by uni x and i accept it . But i am interested in uni y so can i put my defer entry on hold of x and apply for uni y the following year? Is this possible.
Original post by Mehbhooba
I have been offered a medical defer entry by uni x and i accept it . But i am interested in uni y so can i put my defer entry on hold of x and apply for uni y the following year? Is this possible.

If you apply next year your place at X automatically becomes void.
Original post by ageshallnot
If you apply next year your place at X automatically becomes void.

Not quite, they wouldn't be automatically released from their current offer, they'd have to request it from the Uni involved before they could be considered elsewhere.

But yes, the short answer to the OP is: No, you can't.
Original post by Admit-One
Not quite, they wouldn't be automatically released from their current offer, they'd have to request it from the Uni involved before they could be considered elsewhere.

But yes, the short answer to the OP is: No, you can't.

AFAIK if you make a new application your old one is no longer valid.
Original post by ageshallnot
AFAIK if you make a new application your old one is no longer valid.

It stays valid until you're released by the offering Uni. We have to do lots of releasing at the start of each admissions cycle when people realise they can't apply elsewhere whilst holding a deferred offer. The effect is the same though, they can't hold the deferred place as a banker, they have to apply again.
Original post by Admit-One
It stays valid until you're released by the offering Uni. We have to do lots of releasing at the start of each admissions cycle when people realise they can't apply elsewhere whilst holding a deferred offer. The effect is the same though, they can't hold the deferred place as a banker, they have to apply again.

Ok, fair enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending