Want to drop out of uni after a month Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
King's College London if you're wondering

Why? I live in private accommodation and I've barely met anyone, got a couple friends on my course but if I don't go to lectures I basically have no social life.
Why don't I join societies? Facebook search our societies, they basically don't exist, I've asked 2nd and 3rd years on which societies are good to join they said pretty much all of them aren't active.

What's my plan if I drop-out? Going to try for Durham since they gave me a reduced offer when applying and the college system (formals; matriculation; etc), but I need to be out before end of December to re-apply to UCAS. I'm going to stay until end of term but the fact I'm not motivated to pay attention in lectures or do my work says it all really.

TL;DR: I hate KCL, not for me, wish we had societies, wanna drop out and re-apply for UCAS - hopefully go to Durham.
cheerIeader
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yess do it hun xx

live your best life & go to durham
rebellionium
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
why not form an active society yourself? if the societies aren't active, how do other students meet new friends?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rebellionium)
why not form an active society yourself? if the societies aren't active, how do other students meet new friends?
They live in halls
nathan_nacu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cheerIeader)
yess do it hun xx

live your best life & go to durham
Periodt
unaManzana
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Why? I live in private accommodation and I've barely met anyone, got a couple friends on my course but if I don't go to lectures I basically have no social life.
Why don't I join societies? Facebook search our societies, they basically don't exist, I've asked 2nd and 3rd years on which societies are good to join they said pretty much all of them aren't active.

What's my plan if I drop-out? Going to try for Durham since they gave me a reduced offer when applying and the college system (formals; matriculation; etc), but I need to be out before end of December to re-apply to UCAS. I'm going to stay until end of term but the fact I'm not motivated to pay attention in lectures or do my work says it all really.

TL;DR: I hate KCL, not for me, wish we had societies, wanna drop out and re-apply for UCAS - hopefully go to Durham.
can't you try to transfer to second year at Durham instead?
AletheaW
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

London uni's aren't for everyone - they can definitely be quite isolating given how spread out accommodation is as well as the size and general busyness of the city. If you're not happy then definitely look into Durham or any other uni's you might be potentially interested in - no point staying somewhere that will make you unhappy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AletheaW)
London uni's aren't for everyone - they can definitely be quite isolating given how spread out accommodation is as well as the size and general busyness of the city. If you're not happy then definitely look into Durham or any other uni's you might be potentially interested in - no point staying somewhere that will make you unhappy
I've lived [grew up] in London my entire life so really the size/busyness of the city is something I'm accustomed to.

KCL gave me 2 halls more expensive than my maintenance loan even after applying for their affordability scheme while Durham reduced my offer when I was predicted 2 grades above their standard offer and I think that says it all..

Not being in halls and inactive societies is making it impossible to meet people.

I've literally given up on KCLSU and just signed up to UCL/QMUL events to see if I can meet people from there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by unaManzana)
can't you try to transfer to second year at Durham instead?
I've wasted first year and Durham's course (Computer Science) is a bit different and of course a lot more difficult.
Anonymous #1
I've lived [grew up] in London my entire life so really the size/busyness of the city is something I'm accustomed to.

KCL gave me 2 halls more expensive than my maintenance loan even after applying for their affordability scheme while Durham reduced my offer when I was predicted 2 grades above their standard offer and I think that says it all..

Not being in halls and inactive societies is making it impossible to meet people.

I've literally given up on KCLSU and just signed up to UCL/QMUL events to see if I can meet people from there.
**** man Durham even gave me my college of choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (75)
73.53%
No I haven't decided yet (15)
14.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (12)
11.76%

Watched Threads