The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College- Aeronautical Engineering Applicants 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

got mine on the 22nd. Let us know how the maths test and interview goes!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Is it a proper letter or an email from Imperial?
Original post by Anonymous
When did you submit your application?

24th September had 3 offers, called for interview at imperial and waiting for Cambridge. Probably more info than you asked :smile:
Original post by rani.a
applied on the 15th of october and got my invitation to the admissions day on the 28th of october, with my admissions day being on the 22nd. does anyone know if we will be allowed a calculator in the maths test? also, good luck to everyone !! i'm sure you'll all do great !!

Same day! Good luck! I don't think calculator is allowed as it was stated on the letter "All the materials will be provided so candidates do not need to bring anything with them." I will bring it just in case. Good luck again!
Does anyone know if ICL invite a vast majority of applicants to their interview? Does it mean our chance of getting an offer is still about 1 in 9 (the admissions ratio)?
Can I ask when did you submit your application? Thanks

I sent my application on the 25th of September
Reply 66
Original post by OMGIHateMyLife
Same day! Good luck! I don't think calculator is allowed as it was stated on the letter "All the materials will be provided so candidates do not need to bring anything with them." I will bring it just in case. Good luck again!

thank you !! good luck to you too !!
Reply 67
Original post by Anonimussss
Is it a proper letter or an email from Imperial?

mine was just an email, don't stress if you haven't gotten one yet, i assume they'll be sending them out even after the january deadline !
Reply 68
Does anyone know if ICL invite a vast majority of applicants to their interview? Does it mean our chance of getting an offer is still about 1 in 9 (the admissions ratio)?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/aeronautical_engineering_intervi?unfold=1
these are the stats from a couple of years ago, i'm not sure how much it's changed from that though, maybe more info on their website?
Hello guys. I'm an international student and I've just applied today. I am wondering when I will hear from Imperial. I heard from other people said that girls might have a better chance to get admitted in Aeronautics. Is that true?
Original post by chrisyao
Hello guys. I'm an international student and I've just applied today. I am wondering when I will hear from Imperial. I heard from other people said that girls might have a better chance to get admitted in Aeronautics. Is that true?

Depends, I got an admissions day invite a couple weeks after I applied, but depends on the person as they do it in batches. They have interview dates running into next march so just because you don't get a response in a week or so don't worry about it.

Girls having a higher chance of getting into aeronautics is complete garbage, would make no sense and there would be a huge problem if that was true
Original post by Jimin1105
Depends, I got an admissions day invite a couple weeks after I applied, but depends on the person as they do it in batches. They have interview dates running into next march so just because you don't get a response in a week or so don't worry about it.

Girls having a higher chance of getting into aeronautics is complete garbage, would make no sense and there would be a huge problem if that was true

yeah, I do agree!
Reply 72
Anyone had their admissions day yet? What kind of topics did the maths test have? What did they ask in the interview?
Anyone had their aero interview today?
Were the questions academic or more like discussion type?
Did they ask questions from your personal statement?
What sort of questions were in the 30 mins maths test?
Any general overview would be useful.
Anyone had their aero interview today?
Were the questions academic or more like discussion type?
Did they ask questions from your personal statement?
What sort of questions were in the 30 mins maths test?
Any general overview would be useful.

1. Yes
2. Both
3. A lot
4. A Level phy&maths
1. Yes
2. Both
3. A lot
4. A Level phy&maths

Thanks
Does anyone know when are they interviewing the next batch?
Does anyone know when are they interviewing the next batch?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong however on one of the open days I went on, I think I can remember one of the admissions people saying they do the first batch in November and then the rest in March.
Hi, guys. I am an international student applying to Imperial. My qualification is Advanced Placement. I got 5(like A* in A-levels) in AP Calculus BC, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism. I got both 800 in Math and Physics in SAT subject tests. My predicted grades for AP Chemistry and Statistics are 5. I had just submitted my application last week. What are my chances to get into imperial? Do they only care about your grades? Imperial says it needs 4 AP grades, and I think I will have more than 4 grades next year in May.
Original post by RiemannN
Anyone else got an interview on the 20th November?

Yes me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending