Resits Watch

dragon500uk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Can anyone tell me if i HAVE to resit an exam i failed in first semester?

I'd rather keep the £80... And I vow never ever ever to take astronomy again
joe8232
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The only reason you would need to resit is because you need the 20 credits from that module. The grades are somewhat of an irrelevance but you will need to either resit or make up the 20 credits somewhere along the line
dragon500uk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
.. damn - do i defin need 120 credits?? Will they not let 20 creds slide? i cant afford (and neither can my family) £100!
joe8232
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It may be worth emailing your advisor or possibly Bruce Sinclair - I am of the opinion; if in doubt email Bruce
Knudsen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dragon500uk)
.. damn - do i defin need 120 credits?? Will they not let 20 creds slide? i cant afford (and neither can my family) £100!

you only have to resit if you have to have those specific 20 credits from that module to continue with some different kind of module. otherwise, to fulfill your 120 credit requirement you may simply pick up an extra module of your choice for this fall - like I am doing. I failed arabic first semester (like everybody else ) and so I am doing social anthropology on top of my three modules next semester.

not the funniest thing but I had no intention of spending £100 on a resit I wouldn't be able to pass, spending even more money on flying in an out +accommodation, seeing as I would have to fly over from Sweden to do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads