how to talk to an old crush again Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
About a year ago I was talking to this guy and we were both good friends and kinda liked each other, I then realised I didn’t really fancy him and stopped talking to him as much. Since then we’ve not really had a proper conversation but he still likes my photos on insta and messages me happy birthday so I don’t think he’s mad at me. I miss talking to his and I want to message him and ask how he is, how should I go about it? I was going to say I miss him but not sure if that’s too much, should I apologise for not talking as much?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No problem in asking how he is, but you don’t fancy him, so don’t say you miss him. He may get the wrong idea
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe say you miss talking to them and see how they are. There is no harm in messaging
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
No problem in messaging but make it completely obvious that it's just a platonic friendship you want. By that I mean, use words like bro, dude, buddy or something. But hopefully he's also moved on.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MrMusician95)
No problem in messaging but make it completely obvious that it's just a platonic friendship you want. By that I mean, use words like bro, dude, buddy or something. But hopefully he's also moved on.
I hope that he's moved on too, and can see you as a friend. But don't be upset if he doesn't see you as a friend and may wish to end the friendship.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I hope that he's moved on too, and can see you as a friend. But don't be upset if he doesn't see you as a friend and may wish to end the friendship.
Not sure why you're replying to me haha but I completely agree. OP needs to understand that this guy may want to end the friendship.
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not sure why you're replying to me haha but I completely agree. OP needs to understand that this guy may want to end the friendship.
I accidentally posted that as anonymous. It's me haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (5)
20%
Unconditional if firmed (1)
4%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (0)
0%
No unconditional offers (19)
76%

Watched Threads