The Student Room Group

how to talk to an old crush again

About a year ago I was talking to this guy and we were both good friends and kinda liked each other, I then realised I didn’t really fancy him and stopped talking to him as much. Since then we’ve not really had a proper conversation but he still likes my photos on insta and messages me happy birthday so I don’t think he’s mad at me. I miss talking to his and I want to message him and ask how he is, how should I go about it? I was going to say I miss him but not sure if that’s too much, should I apologise for not talking as much?
No problem in asking how he is, but you don’t fancy him, so don’t say you miss him. He may get the wrong idea
Maybe say you miss talking to them and see how they are. There is no harm in messaging
No problem in messaging but make it completely obvious that it's just a platonic friendship you want. By that I mean, use words like bro, dude, buddy or something. But hopefully he's also moved on.
Original post by MrMusician95
No problem in messaging but make it completely obvious that it's just a platonic friendship you want. By that I mean, use words like bro, dude, buddy or something. But hopefully he's also moved on.

I hope that he's moved on too, and can see you as a friend. But don't be upset if he doesn't see you as a friend and may wish to end the friendship.
Original post by Oxford Mum
I hope that he's moved on too, and can see you as a friend. But don't be upset if he doesn't see you as a friend and may wish to end the friendship.

Not sure why you're replying to me haha but I completely agree. OP needs to understand that this guy may want to end the friendship.
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure why you're replying to me haha but I completely agree. OP needs to understand that this guy may want to end the friendship.

I accidentally posted that as anonymous. It's me haha.

Quick Reply

Latest