Help with braces Watch

cathpiglet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Tonight im getting my seperators put in and than late November I get the actual braces I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about dealing with the pain and also foods which are easy to eat. Also does anyone have any tips to make sure im cleaning them properly.
xxBANECHANxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I had braces for about two years. Its not as painful as you may think so don't worry too much. Only when the braces are tightened does it hurt a little. I had food such as soup and porridge whenever my braces were tightened. The food choice may not be as appealing but they actually taste nice. As for cleaning, id say to brush our teeth twice a day as normal but to also brush your teeth after you have eaten anything. You can purchase tooth brushes that have bristles in the shape of a v, makes it easier to clean the braces.
Notwisenough
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Initially braces hurt a lot. Not only will you be haunted by tooth ache but also your inner lip and mouth might get sore due to braces. But after a few months(max 2) , you will be alright. Your only concern would be tooth ache after tightening sessions. Your dentist might give you painkillers for the same . So it's gonna be alright. Avoid eating hard things during the entire process at all costs because brackets break off so easily! You would need Two brushes, one small and other your regular one for brushing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (260)
54.28%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.94%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.7%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.22%