Is it weird I am 16 and never been to a party ? Watch

Student0707
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have friends but never been to a proper party. I have been invited but only informally and those parties never end up happening. It just seems like everyone my age in having fun at parties and I am missing out... I dont know could you tell me if it's weird?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope, I’m nearly 18 and have never been to a party
THE-BLACK-CAT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope . I haven't been either . So your not alone . Tbh I don't want to either .I don't want to be in that kind of environment like clubbing and dico with drinks. Just ew
DanF_2000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope. Nearly 20 myself, a month into university and trust me, you're not missing out although if you have a lot of friends I'd say try it out. I've got social anxiety and I've been to exactly 1 party since I was 13 (which was a birthday party related to school) and there I got light-headed/unable to talk from the sensory overload. I guess it depends on what you enjoy. Maybe find other people like yourself who don't spend their nights partying and instead do things like go to the movies, laser tag, etc.
CAB18022
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I haven’t been to a house party or whatever until I was 18. The only thing I had before was the after-prom which I didn’t really stay for long.

Though tbh, what you are seeing are only highlight reels, some parties go wild or just out of hand and people will never show it. Some are good and some are just horrendous. I wouldn’t worry about it too much, I hardly get invited so yeah.
Darkasmyweave
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Neither have I and I'm 17 (well not a proper one at least). The last one I was invited to the girl organising it said we all had to pay £3 for drinks each even if we weren't drinking :confused: safe to say I didn't go. Believe me, unless you're a big fan of binge drinking and that, you're probably not missing out on much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (263)
54.23%
18-20 years old (no) (63)
12.99%
20-25 years old (yes) (82)
16.91%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.86%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.15%