The Student Room Group

Whilst reading do you prefer dust covers on books or off?

^^ what do you think? :thumbsup:

For me I prefer them off because the paper type covers always seem to slide around :yep:
Always off. The books underneath are always so much nicer.
Original post by Chronoscope
^^ what do you think? :thumbsup:

For me I prefer them off because the paper type covers always seem to slide around :yep:

For my bookshelves dust covers look very nice on books, but when I am reading, it is almost off!
Off for sure! Those things are always sliding off the book otherwise or getting caught up in something or making me feel too cautious when I'm reading my book or.....
Original post by theJoyfulGeek
Off! If they're on, it doesn't feel like MY book, it just feels like A book. Also, for hardbacks, the cover under the dust jacket is generally really nice. However, after I finish reading, I put the dust jacket back on to protect the book.

Its cool you put the dust jacket back on :yep: I rarely put them back on mine :redface:
Original post by wazzupitsme
Off for sure! Those things are always sliding off the book otherwise or getting caught up in something or making me feel too cautious when I'm reading my book or.....

For sure! The slidey thing with the dust jacket I think is one of the more annoying things to be fair.(especially when the dust jacket is on a big book, like the Half blood prince by jk rowling)
Original post by Kallisto
For my bookshelves dust covers look very nice on books, but when I am reading, it is almost off!

I tend to keep them until I get around halfway through a book, then put the cover to one side unfortunately most dust covers of mine end up in my random stuff drawer
Original post by Chronoscope
I tend to keep them until I get around halfway through a book, then put the cover to one side unfortunately most dust covers of mine end up in my random stuff drawer

A drawer is one of the worst places to keep dust covers! they have to be around the books. Otherwise they are a waste. :yup::yep:
Original post by Kallisto
A drawer is one of the worst places to keep dust covers! they have to be around the books. Otherwise they are a waste. :yup::yep:

indeed they are :sadnod: nowadays I tend to get paperbacks (hardbacks seem to be more expensive I find) which don't have a dust cover to annoy me with
Most the books I own don’t actually have dust covers.

They’re mainly Popular science soft backs
I think it depends on the size of the book often, but I will usually take them off to prevent damage :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending