Rant ! (again) Watch

Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Dad was driving, gets off the motorway. Stopped at the end of slip road at red lights, hes signalling left to take the first exit all fine.

When the lights went green bam, the car wasnt pulling away, stall, start engine, stall, he couldnt pull away from the gear 1. He puts the hazard lights on.

The woman behind is horning at us like crazy, shouting "come on learn to drive." She gets out the car to complain to us that she cant get out because shes stopped to close to our car, which is our fault :confused:. She then tried to push our car when we had the handbrake on :confused: As my dad had locked the car immediatly and got his mobile out when he saw her get out.

What is it with people and not being co operative, my dad pushed our car foward a tad so she could get out.

So im assuming the clutch has gone as its certainly not willing to go anywhere. Starts up fine and sounds fine.

Sorry for any delays caused if anyone was coming of the junction with the broken down bmw hehe
Steeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Automatics for the lose

Maybe he should have bought something more reliable and german.
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
(Original post by Steeps)
Automatics for the lose

Maybe he should have bought something more reliable and german.
:confused:

Manual bmw

edit - hehe
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Judging by some of your other posts, I wouldn't be surprised if you had acted similarly if your positions were reversed.
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
Judging by some of your other posts, I wouldn't be surprised if you had acted similarly if your positions were reversed.
If someone was clearly having trouble pulling away from stand still i certainly wouldnt start beeping my horn shouting :rolleyes:

Plus everyone knows to leave a cars length gap infront of you when stopping

( By everyone i mean anyone with some common sense )
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*Another one of AMG's (made up) stories me thinks.*

How annoying. Tell her to **** off!
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She should have left enough space to enable her to see your wheels (if I remember correctly) - but - I'm surprised a (I'm assuming pretty new and expensive) BMW broke down.
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ed.)
She should have left enough space to enable her to see your wheels (if I remember correctly) - but - I'm surprised a (I'm assuming pretty new and expensive) BMW broke down.
No not really :p: e39 shape!

Tbh it wasnt much of a suprise with the clutch! The suprise was the reaction and lack of co operation with a fellow motorist that was clearly in some difficulty.
Tofufi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
Agreed.

Sorry Barvarian motor works, this is just how you come across on here.

Oh, and an e39 would be under 12 years old. That's nothing.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
If someone was clearly having trouble pulling away from stand still i certainly wouldnt start beeping my horn shouting :rolleyes:

Plus everyone knows to leave a cars length gap infront of you when stopping

( By everyone i mean anyone with some common sense )

To anybody on the outside, not knowing how to pull away and not being able to pull away look identical.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads