The Student Room Group

Burnt my face!

So yesterday I was at work and burnt my face. It’s only a gash about an inch or so long across my cheek, but like, it’s on my FACE.

Do you think if this scars, it will matter? Personally, I’m not overly bothered by it, I just don’t want to be laughed at for the rest of my life!
Reply 1
Original post by twist-and-shout
So yesterday I was at work and burnt my face. It’s only a gash about an inch or so long across my cheek, but like, it’s on my FACE.

Do you think if this scars, it will matter? Personally, I’m not overly bothered by it, I just don’t want to be laughed at for the rest of my life!

people won't laugh at you but they're likely to ask about it. a lot. if it's a minor burn, it's unlikely to scar tho.
depends on how many layers of the dermal envelope were compromised

My child burned a face with boiling water, whilst we were in Kazakhstan - so I put them in a cold shower for 20 minutes. Much screaming, due the cold, but that made it a superficial burn. An exaggerated amount of cooling, for as long as possible, (much longer that you might think) is my best treatment - but that is directly post-burn.

I'd still suggest you see a doc or at least a chemist, there might be some magic stuff that they can splurge
Original post by Ciel.
people won't laugh at you but they're likely to ask about it. a lot. if it's a minor burn, it's unlikely to scar tho.

That’s what I thought. I’ve so many on my arms from work which have scarred but have finally begun to fade (4 years later).

Quick Reply

Latest