Whey Protien or Creatine? Watch

jugheadchris
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Which is better for faster and better results for muscle mass, whey protien and creatine. i really dont know how either one of the work so if you could explain to me just what they do that helps you. Please and Thank You
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think creatine works better but i heard it does your liver in.
fieryiceissweet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah same i was wondering this
dont really understand the difference
and can people recommend one (cheapest preferrably)
Cattleman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To maintain results with creatine you need to keep taking it. If you stop taking it then you lose the gains.

Creatine is a supplement that has only become widely available recently and there could be long term effects and problems that as yet we are simply unaware of. Go natural.

If you insist on using supplements then go for whey, but find a good, clean source without added sugar and crappy flavourings/chemicals.
Gren1TI
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How old are you, if you are under 35, which I suppose you are – do not consume creatine.

I could go into the complex biology of why it’s pointless, but there is no need and you can look it up! Simply, a teen or young adult body has it’s endocrine system maxed out already, extra juice from creatine will be useless and is stored in the testicles, which may or may not cause problems but why take the chance.

Whey protein is the whey to go!
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
protein is used in the repair of muscle tissue. This is found in foods such as beef, chicken, tuna, ect.
It is necessary to any diet.
Whey protein is a quick and easy way to get protein. There are no side effects ifthe correct dosage is used.
Prices range from £10/k -> v v v expensive

Creatine delivers nutrients to the muscles and gives a short burst of power. Everyone has a natural low level of creatine naturally occuring in the muscles.
It is found in foods such as red meat and tuna
It is a cheap and effective supplement in maxmising gains.
Prices range from £17.00/k to v v v expensive.
You take it in much smaller doses than whey.

Diet is more important than supplements by a mile.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gren1TI)
How old are you, if you are under 35, which I suppose you are – do not consume creatine.

I could go into the complex biology of why it’s pointless, but there is no need and you can look it up! Simply, a teen or young adult body has it’s endocrine system maxed out already, extra juice from creatine will be useless and is stored in the testicles, which may or may not cause problems but why take the chance.

source?

(btw this is very stupid and very wrong)

lol at creatine stored in testicles, creatine would give a nice pump in my ball sack
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
source?

lol at creatine stored in testicles, creatine would give a nice pump in my ball sack
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...spt_spt1a.html

Creatine = bad
Whey protein (no aspartame or additives) = good.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
COL (cringe out loud)
jugheadchris
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
well im just 16 and dont want anything like that
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fieryiceissweet)
yeah same i was wondering this
dont really understand the difference
and can people recommend one (cheapest preferrably)
Is this cheap enough? http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/wh...protein-(5lb)/

It's where I get mine from (and quite a few more people on here too). 5% off your first order if you use MP61160 at the checkout.
Gren1TI
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
source?

I'll get you a source - my advice is from a medical professional given to me.

Just because it is stored in the testicles, it won't increase their physical size - please don't be ignorant. The creatine you consume is assimilated into such small molecules that are in the blood stream - not physical deposits that collect such as glycerol. Do not question my knowledge without firm evidence on your own side please, in such a bashful manner.

The likelihood is that creatine won’t do any harm to a 16+ year old, but it certainly does not assist muscle-building either.
Gren1TI
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tyler Durden)
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...spt_spt1a.html

Creatine = bad
Whey protein (no aspartame or additives) = good.
There is a good source right there.

Thanks mate.
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

The likelihood is that creatine won’t do any harm to a 16+ year old, but it certainly does not assist muscle-building either.
You sure? The good source right up there says otherwise.

"The flavorless creatine powder can be mixed with sports drinks with the goal to attain muscle mass and increase strength. "
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
that shows no dangers of creatine that arent solved by staying properly hydrated and eating the right diet.

No proof their either. Incase you didnt know creatine is naturally occuring in foods and in your own body. This is simply a supplement to increase it. If you ate **** loads of tuna you would have a higher creatine level as well.

It was a joke about testicular hypertrophy. And i will "question your knowledge" because it is wrong
MeAndBubbles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Casein? Another word for whey. It's an animal protein and increases colesterol, blocks the arteries and increases your risk of heart diseases. Go the natural route and don't cheat.
Gren1TI
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cortez)
You sure? The good source right up there says otherwise.

"The flavorless creatine powder can be mixed with sports drinks with the goal to attain muscle mass and increase strength. "

It cannot assist a young person!!
This is the point I’m trying to make clear but obviously failing lol!

As stated in my original post on this thread, under 35s will not see any improvement in terms of muscle increase due to extra creatine consumption unless they have a lack of testosterone, creatine and HGH being naturally made inside the body.

Many people, possibly including yourself, claim to see benefits from taking creatine – but it’s usually because you start working out hard and consuming extra protein when you start your creatine – the muscle mass increase is almost always down to the exercise increase and good, protein rich diets – not the powdered creatine.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why do testosterone/hgh affect creatine production. Creatine supplements boost the natural level. Even young people have low levels of creatine compared to those taking creatine.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MeAndBubbles)
Casein? Another word for whey. It's an animal protein and increases colesterol, blocks the arteries and increases your risk of heart diseases. Go the natural route and don't cheat.

why is everyone in here stupid.
Casein is a natural protein found in milk and cheese.
It is not made from the meat of animals, it is made from cows milk.
It is a slow release protein favoured by many people as a pre bedtime meal to keep the body anabolic.
It DOES NOT cause heart diseases.
IT IS FOUND IN MILK AND CHEESE HOW IS THIS NOT NATURAL
Gren1TI
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
why do testosterone/hgh affect creatine production. Creatine supplements boost the natural level. Even young people have low levels of creatine compared to those taking creatine.
The reason is that when bodybuilding, testosterone, HGH and creatine all perform the same role essentially and have many effects in common.

So if someone if lacking in HGH, it is sometimes advised to increase creatine consumption naturally or through supplements instead of injecting HGH though it is possible, as HGH can have bad consequences and the risks are much higher than that of creatine supplement consumption. (Eg. Causing cancerous cells to multiply at a 1000 fold rate)!

So unless someone is lacking one of these hormones or molecular substances in their blood stream, there is no need to supplement it. That’s the reason I included testosterone and HGH.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads