French voice over ... How? Watch

Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
As far as I am aware, they may be actors but no actor is that good!

How do they make the French coincide with the lip movement so well .... :confused:

Watch this clip and see for yourself, go to the middle ....

btw, I love how Palpatine says "du côté obscur" @ 1:22 :afraid:
Kolobok
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's well done, but clearly not perfect in parts.
I found 'un pouvoir' at 1:51 was convincing, but that could be, like so many other parts, due to the original English words (in this case 'power') being similar.
Lord Hysteria
(Original post by Kolobok)
It's well done, but clearly not perfect in parts.
I found 'un pouvoir' at 1:51 was convincing, but that could be, like so many other parts, due to the original English words (in this case 'power') being similar.
hmm - difficult to tell ... but at 2:01, it is almost as if he is speaking French!!! HOW!!
Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always think they must slightly edit it digitally and just not tell anyone
Lord Hysteria
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
I always think they must slightly edit it digitally and just not tell anyone
Anakin is American and speaks American and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine in all the movies) is Scottish :confused:
But it's bloody good. I don't think, however, they digitally enhance it. I mean think about it - the entire movie they have to edit the lips ! GOD!
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
Anakin is American and speaks American and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine in all the movies) is Scottish :confused:
But it's bloody good. I don't think, however, they digitally enhance it. I mean think about it - the entire movie they have to edit the lips ! GOD!
It was slightly tongue in cheek there LH And they clearly don't do it everywhere anyway, you can clearly see the screw ups in some parts.

It's surely comparatively simple with french as so many words are either the same or similar. Japanese is monstrous, The Grudge's was horrific

2:01 is impressive but I can't recall what the original English was. Know?
Kolobok
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
True, editing could have something to do with it.. I bet whoever is in charge of voice-overs for StarWars films has a pretty big budget!

Ooh, I know! they had the actors cloned, sped up their development with some amazing new drug and raised them in other countries!:p:
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kolobok)
True, editing could have something to do with it.. I bet whoever is in charge of voice-overs for StarWars films has a pretty big budget!

Ooh, I know! they had the actors cloned, sped up their development with some amazing new drug and raised them in other countries!:p:
It is all about the clone wars!
asdasta
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's very simply just well-synched. Nothing more to it.
Ari_ben_ami
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
hmm - difficult to tell ... but at 2:01, it is almost as if he is speaking French!!! HOW!!
Ummm Oui d'accord!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed