Whey protein and toning Watch

Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I want to loose a few kg of body fat to tone my chest, and i'm currently taking whey protein, now would this whey protein delay the loss of body fat or not?
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well the extra calories will mean you have to work longer to get the same calorie deficit as you would by not taking it. Not going to make a huge difference though and if you're doing weights to build up your chest then it's probably better to take it than not.
Olyy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As cortez said, the calories will make fat loss harder, but if you stop taking it/don't have enough protein in your diet, then you may lose muscle mass when losing body fat
Bateman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olyy)
As cortez said, the calories will make fat loss harder, but if you stop taking it/don't have enough protein in your diet, then you may lose muscle mass when losing body fat

how much harder do you think it'd make it?
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
try taking isolate instead of concentrate. it has less fat in it.
Olyy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bateman)
how much harder do you think it'd make it?
No idea at all
I've never lost body fat before, suppose the easiest way to work it out is try and work how many calories you burn doing cardio, then compare that to the amount in the whey, and just add it on to your existing cardio, or something along those lines
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you work hard enough, the fat will drop off anyway. Get some cardio in as well and make sure you eat clean.
CTurbinado
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
whey isnt going to make a huge difference... just keep taking it... and do a LOT of cardio.
Bateman
Rep:
?
I do a lot of cardio, 30 mins at the start 30 mins at the end; 2km rowing in 7 mins, 10mins skipping, 10 mins running, and i do 10km rowing at the end, with a few mins of intense skipping/ running.

And the problem is, i'm just gaining weight mass, and the layer of fat is still there.

I think im either consuming too much protein or i'm over eating
j_0_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
TAKE THOSE SHAKES MAN!!! yes

definatly take them. your increased protein level will have your muscles repairing themselves after workouts.. what does that mean?? more energy being used... which is burning the fat from around the mucsle. . .

the calories are minimal, its less than 300 if u have two a day and you need at least 1500 cal a day to start losing the weight. if ur going over 2000 with the amount ur eating, cut some cals out to make room for the shakes as they are quite important. . .
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by j_0_e)
TAKE THOSE SHAKES MAN!!! yes

definatly take them. your increased protein level will have your muscles repairing themselves after workouts.. what does that mean?? more energy being used... which is burning the fat from around the mucsle. . .

the calories are minimal, its less than 300 if u have two a day and you need at least 1500 cal a day to start losing the weight. if ur going over 2000 with the amount ur eating, cut some cals out to make room for the shakes as they are quite important. . .
if youve ever seen a picture of Bateman youll see he probableys already knows the importance of protein shakes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.93%
No - but I will (4)
3.45%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.31%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (63)
54.31%

Watched Threads