Just took my RAF CBAT. AMA :)

Watch this thread
raf_experience
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just finished my CBAT at RAF Cranwell. Ask me anything about the experience!

Little about me: 21 years old, but no university or college qualifications, First time applicant.

My scores: *Area* - *Score* *(cutoff/minimum)*
Pilot - 132 (112)
RPAS - 136 (100)
WSO - 138 (100)
Air Ops C1 - 139 (80)
Air Ops C2 - 145 (90)
Air Ops Systems - 139 (90)
Intelligence - 123 (90)
WSOp Linguist - 143 (90)
WSOp (ISR) - 153 (90)
WSOp (RW) - 143 (90)
WSOp (ME) - 125 (90)
username1119229
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by raf_experience)
Just finished my CBAT at RAF Cranwell. Ask me anything about the experience!

Little about me: 21 years old, but no university or college qualifications, First time applicant.

My scores: *Area* - *Score* *(cutoff/minimum)*
Pilot - 132 (112)
RPAS - 136 (100)
WSO - 138 (100)
Air Ops C1 - 139 (80)
Air Ops C2 - 145 (90)
Air Ops Systems - 139 (90)
Intelligence - 123 (90)
WSOp Linguist - 143 (90)
WSOp (ISR) - 153 (90)
WSOp (RW) - 143 (90)
WSOp (ME) - 125 (90)
Congratulations on some great scores.

The scores you’ve provided (or indeed the scoring process) won’t help any prospective candidates for the future, but thank you nonetheless.

Which role are you applying for?
JBM679
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi there, I've got my CBAT coming up in the near future and am trying to prepare myself as best I can. I understand many people have emphasised the importance of SDT calculations. I have found resources to practice these, but how did you initially learn how to do them? Can't get my head around how to break it down into mins and hours etc.Thanks
Foured2
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JBM679)
Hi there, I've got my CBAT coming up in the near future and am trying to prepare myself as best I can. I understand many people have emphasised the importance of SDT calculations. I have found resources to practice these, but how did you initially learn how to do them? Can't get my head around how to break it down into mins and hours etc.Thanks
I’ve not been to college/school for 5+ years, and haven’t done any maths equations since really (obviously I do adding/subtracting quite frequently like most people) and SDT equations were quite difficult IMO, not the question but you have 1 minute to do each one, and the ones in the actual CBAT are much more difficult then any I’ve seen on speeddistancetime.info. All you can do is know the equation for SDT and try to do them as fast as you can, you get a better score for being close to the correct answer.

With this in mind, I actually passed my CBAT for every role minus pilot recently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (20)
16.95%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
26.27%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (63)
53.39%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.39%

Watched Threads