Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Name:  Graduation.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  38.0 KB

Hello everyone

My name is Kit, and this is a little late :laugh: but I have decided to do a GYG.

I am currently in year 12 sitting my second year of A-levels, with the hopes of continuing into uni to learn Psychology so that I can become a clinical psychologist.

I plan on updating this blog every other day and would like to show you how I plan my day, avoid procrastination, be as productive as possible, how I revise and juggle a life with the horrors A-levels throws at us XD.

Hope you enjoy

AS Grades

Sociology - A
Psychology - A
English literature and language - A
Philosophy - A

(I have now dropped philosophy so that I can focus on 3 A-levels)

Universities I am currently planning on applying to

> Nottingham Trent
> Royal Holloway
> Keele University
> University of Liverpool
> University of Birmingham

Personal goals this year

Spoiler:
Show

> Achieve at minimum AAA
> Get an A in my EPQ
> Get my driver's license
> Learn to cook more meals in prep for uni
> Go to the gym twice a week
> Try to be more sustainable
> Read every night
> Continue with this blog

Deadlines

Spoiler:
Show

> My theory test - 30/10/2019

> EPQ first 2000 word deadline - 01/11/2019

> UCAS Application school deadline - 20/12/2019

> EPQ 4000 word deadline - 20/12/2019

> EPQ finished deadline -12/04/2020

> Psychology paper 1 - 18/05/2020

> Sociology paper 1 - 20/05/2020

> English lit and lang paper 1 - 21/05/2020

> English lit and lang paper 2 - 01/06/2020

> Sociology paper 2 - 02/06/2020

> Psychology paper 2 - 05/06/2020

> Sociology paper 3 - 10/06/2020

> Psychology paper 3- 12/06/2020
Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by KarmaKit)
Name:  Graduation.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  38.0 KB

Hello everyone

My name is Kit, and this is a little late :laugh: but I have decided to do a GYG.

I am currently in year 12 sitting my second year of A-levels, with the hopes of continuing into uni to learn Psychology so that I can become a clinical psychologist.

I plan on updating this blog every other day and would like to show you how I plan my day, avoid procrastination, be as productive as possible, how I revise and juggle a life with the horrors A-levels throws at us XD.

Hope you enjoy

AS Grades

Sociology - A
Psychology - A
English literature and language - A
Philosophy - A

(I have now dropped philosophy so that I can focus on 3 A-levels)

Universities I am currently planning on applying to

> Nottingham Trent
> Royal Holloway
> Keele University
> University of Liverpool
> University of Birmingham

Personal goals this year

Spoiler:
Show

> Achieve at minimum AAA
> Get an A in my EPQ
> Get my driver's license
> Learn to cook more meals in prep for uni
> Go to the gym twice a week
> Try to be more sustainable
> Read every night
> Continue with this blog

Deadlines

Spoiler:
Show

> My theory test - 30/10/2019

> EPQ first 2000 word deadline - 01/11/2019

> UCAS Application school deadline - 20/12/2019

> EPQ 4000 word deadline - 20/12/2019

> EPQ finished deadline -12/04/2020

> Psychology paper 1 - 18/05/2020

> Sociology paper 1 - 20/05/2020

> English lit and lang paper 1 - 21/05/2020

> English lit and lang paper 2 - 01/06/2020

> Sociology paper 2 - 02/06/2020

> Psychology paper 2 - 05/06/2020

> Sociology paper 3 - 10/06/2020

> Psychology paper 3- 12/06/2020
Hi there! I have seen that Keele University is on your list to apply for! Just wanted to drop in and say if you have any questions about Keele or any of its courses or campus life, I will be more than happy to answer them!
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congratulations on those stellar AS grades. You seem to have a great academic profile. I can't wait to see how this develops. I'd like to be added, please!
KarmaKit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador)
Hi there! I have seen that Keele University is on your list to apply for! Just wanted to drop in and say if you have any questions about Keele or any of its courses or campus life, I will be more than happy to answer them!
Oooh thank you very much, that's great help!

Well I have attended the open day and I loved that very much and found that the people there were very supportive and answered all my questions but I definitely will ask if I can think of anymore
KarmaKit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Congratulations on those stellar AS grades. You seem to have a great academic profile. I can't wait to see how this develops. I'd like to be added, please!
Thank you so very much

And definitely will add you
KarmaKit
Rep:
?
25/10/2019

Name:  Couples notes.png
Views: 7
Size:  176.1 KB

(My notes on couples for sociology taken on Notion)

Hey, everyone

First blog post and I'll begin by telling you what I did today

08:00 - woke up, had porridge, washed face, got changed and brushed teeth

09:00 - walked to the gym (listened to a french learning podcast while doing so)

09:40 - got to the gym and did my regular work out

10:40 - finished at the gym and started to walk home

11:40 - got home, had an apple to eat, got some water and began to write up my sociology notes

12:05 - Started my break, where I read a bit of a book (1000 splendid suns)

12:10 - finished break and continued

12:35 - started break

12:40 - finished break and continued to write notes

13:05 - Had a break

13:10 - Continued again

13:35 - break

14:15 - Began to write an English essay for the handmaids tale

15:15 - Finished writing an essay and took break

15:45 - Continued writing up my EPQ

16:25 - Finished writing up EPQ for the day and went to visit a friend (spent a total of 50 min on the bus where I answered theory questions)

19:30 - Came home and continued writing

20:00 - Finished working for the day and relaxed for the rest of the night, however did create a plan for what I want to do tomorrow while watching youtube in the back

So all in all it was a pretty productive day and I managed to get everything that was on my plan done So very happy with that!

More info on how I revise/work

Para topics will be highlighted blue and anything that I consider to be useful info to benefit you will be in purple so that you can skim and read what's important to you

For a better explanation of why I'm writing up sociology notes during half term, it's because looking back on my AS notes I realised I didn't like them as much. Especially the first few notes, where I wasn't really sure what I was being examined on and kind of put everything down in fear of missing out important information.

It will be time consuming but I think it is very important and I am learning while doing it, so I do think it's very beneficial. For those of you who wanted to know how I now changed my note taking process, I now write notes on my laptop. I've decided to go paperless this year (with the exception of writing essays as I think it's important to write them under time conditions). I use the app 'Notion' as I have found it to be really good for organising my notes into categories (for a reference, the pic at the top is what I have used to write notes on).

My mocks will be late November, so my plan is to write notes on 2 topics a day and then the next day do active recall on myself. Then keep testing myself until the week before, where I plan to spend a whole week regoing over everything so that I will have gone over everything twice before the mock.

As for how I decide how long to revise and when to take breaks, I typically use the pomodoro technique when I know I need to remember the info. So I revise for 25 min then take a 5 min break until my 4th break where I take a 40 min break. On writing, that I don't particularly need to remember info or I can listen to music in the background (e.g. EPQ), I write until my tasks for the day have been complete.

People following my blog:
Spoiler:
Show

Anyways, that's about it for today

Hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you all on the 27th
Last edited by KarmaKit; 3 weeks ago
AleenaBiju
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
omg you're so productive what the hell so proud of you!!! I'm a year 13 and I haven't done nearly as much revision as you ughh I'm defo going to use your technique tho aha and excited to watch this journey
KarmaKit
Rep:
?
(Original post by AleenaBiju)
omg you're so productive what the hell so proud of you!!! I'm a year 13 and I haven't done nearly as much revision as you ughh I'm defo going to use your technique tho aha and excited to watch this journey
Thank you!

It is hard work haha but so worth it especially for in class essays (our teachers have already given us so much is a surprise I am still awake with the exhaustion of stress XD).

Also I'm so glad you liked the technique! Hope it helps you
KarmaKit
Rep:
?
27/10/2019

Name:  candle.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  182.7 KB

Happy Diwali everyone! :w00t:

Diwali

Hey everyone! today has been bit of an unusual day just purely because it is Diwali so my regular study routine has not been the same.

I was aware this would happen though so I did plan for it and the next section I write is just purely on revision in case you wanted to read solely that.

But in case you did want to know what a particular day for me is like on Diwali is like I shall let you know

First event was to go to the Gurdwara to pray, we also ate here.

Then we went to a local Indian sweet shop to buy some sweets (Laddu is my fav by the way XD)

After we came home, we had a bit of a break and then me and my mum cooked some food together, lighted the candles and then family came round and we ate together.

Then we went out to the city centre (turning off the candles!!! For fire safety) where there were stalls selling jewellery and clothes and food. And we lit some candles and stayed for a bit, meeting many other family friends before going home and lighting some fireworks.

So fun day!

Revision

So today, although it was pretty full on I did manage to squeeze in some time to complete 2 English essays by waking up slightly earlier and squeezing it in between the time where I came home from the Gurdwara and going to go cook. And after fireworks, I did manage to read a chapter from the DVSA theory book and then completed questions on it from the app.

As I expected, I didn't get anywhere near as much work done as I would on any other day, I prepared for this by placing items that needed completing this week on other days as opposed to distributing them equally. As a result yesterday was a waaay more busier day. (Will show how I plan my week next Tuesday )

Thank you all very much for reading!

So sorry I wasn't able to share a more productive day but I guess it's good to show how I study on days where there's a holiday so hope I managed to share some info.

Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oooh thank you very much, that's great help!

Well I have attended the open day and I loved that very much and found that the people there were very supportive and answered all my questions but I definitely will ask if I can think of anymore
Not a problem! You may find as you get closer to the time, you have a hundred questions you never thought about before! That’s what happened with me anyway!
KarmaKit
Rep:
?
29/10/2019

Name:  EPQ.png
Views: 6
Size:  118.5 KB
Secondary research for EPQ

Wow. A 9 hour shift at work is mental, I'll just say. However, even though it was chaotic and crazy I did manage to get a lot of work done

A lot of deadlines coming up soon as well :eek:

THEORY TEST. THEORY TEST. THEORY TEST!!!!!!

I have my theory test tomorrow!!!!! I have to hand in 2,000 words of my EPQ on Friday. End of the month is my mock and this Friday I have an in class assessment.

7:00 - I woke up at this time, got changed, had some cereal and packed my bag for work
8:15 - Left the house for work and got on the bus. On the bus ride I answered theory questions. Have been consistently getting 100% now but the hazard perception is my weakest area
9:00 - Work started, Not gonna lie XD I did sneak out into the back a couple of times so that I could do work while occasionally going back to my phone to write up a psychology essay.
2:00 - Had a break where I managed to do some psychology revision. I had brought my flashcards to revised biopsych.
3:00 - back to work
6:00 - Finish! Went home but my bus was super late and I didn't feel comfortable keeping my eyes on my phone or listening to anything with headphones as it was really dark But I did do some hazard perception revision on the drive back.
7:15 - Finally managed to get home! Cooked up some pasta, had a break from work
7:35 - Continued to write my EPQ
8:35 - Continued writing psychology essay
8:57 -finished essay and after rested

So overall a hectic day XD

So scared for tomorrow ngl

Hoping it goes well and I don't screw up on the hazard perception or work myself up with stress and make silly mistakes
AleenaBiju
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
29/10/2019

Name:  EPQ.png
Views: 6
Size:  118.5 KB
Secondary research for EPQ

Wow. A 9 hour shift at work is mental, I'll just say. However, even though it was chaotic and crazy I did manage to get a lot of work done

A lot of deadlines coming up soon as well :eek:

THEORY TEST. THEORY TEST. THEORY TEST!!!!!!

I have my theory test tomorrow!!!!! I have to hand in 2,000 words of my EPQ on Friday. End of the month is my mock and this Friday I have an in class assessment.

7:00 - I woke up at this time, got changed, had some cereal and packed my bag for work
8:15 - Left the house for work and got on the bus. On the bus ride I answered theory questions. Have been consistently getting 100% now but the hazard perception is my weakest area
9:00 - Work started, Not gonna lie XD I did sneak out into the back a couple of times so that I could do work while occasionally going back to my phone to write up a psychology essay.
2:00 - Had a break where I managed to do some psychology revision. I had brought my flashcards to revised biopsych.
3:00 - back to work
6:00 - Finish! Went home but my bus was super late and I didn't feel comfortable keeping my eyes on my phone or listening to anything with headphones as it was really dark But I did do some hazard perception revision on the drive back.
7:15 - Finally managed to get home! Cooked up some pasta, had a break from work
7:35 - Continued to write my EPQ
8:35 - Continued writing psychology essay
8:57 -finished essay and after rested

So overall a hectic day XD

So scared for tomorrow ngl

Hoping it goes well and I don't screw up on the hazard perception or work myself up with stress and make silly mistakes
How did it go ?? Hope it’s all well and don’t stress and wow u seriously do get a lot done I would be proud aha x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.46%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.18%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.03%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.56%
No unconditional offers (138)
70.77%

Watched Threads