Full marks from English lit essay? Watch

Isabelpayne200
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’d like to get full marks on English lit essays (I’m doing macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, love and relationships and an inspector calls) and so could some one give me there 30/30 essay (or Band 6 so 26-30 marks) on any of these texts? Much appreciated
Last edited by Isabelpayne200; 1 month ago

Mona123456
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Isabelpayne200)
So I’d like to get full marks on English lit essays (I’m doing macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, love and relationships and an inspector calls) and so could some one give me there 30/30 essay (or Band 6 so 26-30 marks) on any of these texts? Much appreciated
Hi there.

I don’t have any of my English Literature essays, but if you have specific questions or need specific advice let me know and I’d be happy to do my best to help! (I did AQA Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde and Power and Conflict Anthology for my GCSE).
Last edited by Mona123456; 1 month ago
ellav273
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mona123456)
Hi there.

I don’t have any of my English Literature essays, but if you have specific questions or need specific advice let me know and I’d be happy to do my best to help! (I did AQA Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde and Power and Conflict Anthology for my GCSE).
What did you get for the GCSE
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ellav273)
What did you get for the GCSE
The top grade. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll do my best to help.
Isabelpayne200
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there.

So I know this post was ages ago but do you have any tips for how to remember the language analysis for poems?
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So I know this post was ages ago but do you have any tips for how to remember the language analysis for poems?
Sure thing.

So for poems, I made a condensed page of notes (just a single A4 side) on every poem. I’d put top level analysis (Mr Bruff is good for structure analysis and Stacey Reay is good for language analysis), plus contextual points. I’d try and analyse at least 5-6 quotes for each poem minimum, and I’d also make a note of bigger themes and symbolism so it was easier to see links between poems. Then I just kept reading through the notes a few times, and did lots of practice essays to think about which poems compare well.
Isabelpayne200
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Sure thing.

So for poems, I made a condensed page of notes (just a single A4 side) on every poem. I’d put top level analysis (Mr Bruff is good for structure analysis and Stacey Reay is good for language analysis), plus contextual points. I’d try and analyse at least 5-6 quotes for each poem minimum, and I’d also make a note of bigger themes and symbolism so it was easier to see links between poems. Then I just kept reading through the notes a few times, and did lots of practice essays to think about which poems compare well.
Thank you. Also how many poems should I learn because apparently it’s like 5 but I’ve heard other amounts too, so how many did you learn to get a high marks?
Mona123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you. Also how many poems should I learn because apparently it’s like 5 but I’ve heard other amounts too, so how many did you learn to get a high marks?
I learnt all of the poems. It seems like a lot but if you start in the Christmas holidays then you should have plenty of time to analyse and memorise all of them. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and I would advise against only learning a set few poems that teachers think can link to anything. What if one of the other poems comes up in the exam, that other students have already learnt high level context and analysis for, whilst you’re seeing it for the first time like an unseen poem? Definitely go through all poems if you can.
Isabelpayne200
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I learnt all of the poems. It seems like a lot but if you start in the Christmas holidays then you should have plenty of time to analyse and memorise all of them. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and I would advise against only learning a set few poems that teachers think can link to anything. What if one of the other poems comes up in the exam, that other students have already learnt high level context and analysis for, whilst you’re seeing it for the first time like an unseen poem? Definitely go through all poems if you can.
Will do, thanks!
LG1234567
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I’m on for a nine for lit and language gcse, and I have some essays with full marks if you want me to send them to you? ( I do Macbeth, sign of four and inspector calls)
Isabelpayne200
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LG1234567)
Hi I’m on for a nine for lit and language gcse, and I have some essays with full marks if you want me to send them to you? ( I do Macbeth, sign of four and inspector calls)
Yes please that’s be brilliant
LG1234567
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes please that’s be brilliant
Im a bit new to this website and can’t figure out how to send them directly so I’m just sending them here. (Sorry - handwriting isn’t the neatest!)
1st one is Eva smith representing poverty:- Name:  image.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  118.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  148.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  148.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  107.0 KB

This next one is how shakespeare presents the contrasting characters of Duncan and Macbeth:- Name:  image.jpg
Size:  167.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  176.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  181.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  141.3 KB

Hope this is useful; I probably have more if you want them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?