The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Health Science ‘Top Up’ to BSc Honours with FDSc Paramedic Science

I have received a credit transfer from the OU for 240 credits and an offer of studying 120 credits with the OU to top up my qualification.

My questions is, has anyone here investigated or completed a science degree with the OU? How did you find it? Did you attend the laboratory requisites in Milton Keynes?
I’d be very grateful for some advice from anyone who has studied science with the OU, but very happy to hear from other registered professionals looking to top up foundation degree( ( nursing or paramedic science ) WR x
Hi

I've moved this to our open university sub-forum, where hopefully you will get some useful responses!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Original post by Lolamedic
I have received a credit transfer from the OU for 240 credits and an offer of studying 120 credits with the OU to top up my qualification.

My questions is, has anyone here investigated or completed a science degree with the OU? How did you find it? Did you attend the laboratory requisites in Milton Keynes?
I’d be very grateful for some advice from anyone who has studied science with the OU, but very happy to hear from other registered professionals looking to top up foundation degree( ( nursing or paramedic science ) WR x

All the OU's lab training is online in the virtual lab. They do offer additional lab courses over the summer for around a week, but these aren't included in module fees and are at additional cost. These are in MK, people really enjoyed them though I haven't personally attended.

I have a biology degree from the OU and it was good. I already had lab experience and worked in a lab so I wasn't worried about the lack of lab training on offer. Employers really value the degree in addition to my experience so it was worth it.

Are you meaning topping up to a nursing degree or paramedic science, or is that what you have and are topping up with OU credits? If so, I can't help. But I know the OU nursing degree is quite intensive.
Reply 3
Hi There, many thanks for your reply. I am a Paramedic HCPC registered and currently working. ( I completed a FDSC at St George's 6 years ago) and registered on the OU health Science BSc (3rd Year admission) for next year.
Reply 4
Great to here that employers value OU courses :smile: I've just downloaded some older exam papers, wow very thorough and very interesting:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest