Zystinya
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
In Year 10 mocks I got a grade 5 overall but due to my lower marks in Listening and Reading I wasn't allowed to do Higher French. At the beginning of Year 11 I told the head of French that I wanted to do Higher and she said that it depends on how I do on the progress test and mock. I did the progress tests and again got Fives and improved my reading and listening. I was then told I'd be moving to the higher tier for French but one of my friends who is doing higher keeps telling me I'm going to 1) struggle 2)fail and it's really hurting my confidence in getting a good grade a GCSE'S. Personally I feel like I could achieve a 7 if I put in the work which I plan on doing. My year is only doing 8 subjects for GCSE and I'm doing well in all of those so I have the time to dedicate 5 hours weekly minimum. Should i even bother or should I listen to my friend.
santanalopez
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
if you never try you’ll never know, i say go for it!
RANDUMSK00LIE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i am currently doing higher french in yr 11 and i find it relatively hard. i got a grade 6 in my mocks and was predicted a 7, and if you want to get a grade 7, the only way you can do that is by doing higher because the maximum you can get in foundation is a grade 5. If you are putting in 5 hours a week, (which is way more than i do because i study 11 subjects) you can easily get a 5 or above.
(Dont worry if you find the tests hard, because that probably means that most people will, and so the grade boundaries will be lowered.)
Zystinya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by RANDUMSK00LIE)
i am currently doing higher french in yr 11 and i find it relatively hard. i got a grade 6 in my mocks and was predicted a 7, and if you want to get a grade 7, the only way you can do that is by doing higher because the maximum you can get in foundation is a grade 5. If you are putting in 5 hours a week, (which is way more than i do because i study 11 subjects) you can easily get a 5 or above.
(Dont worry if you find the tests hard, because that probably means that most people will, and so the grade boundaries will be lowered.)
Thanks I was just feeling a little stick AMD was unsure. Btw, my exam board is AQA if that makes a difference.
LMR127
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ignore the person telling you that you'll fail. Yes it will be more difficult than foundation, but if you do well in your mocks you'll be set. My advice is to learn as many grammar structures as you can for your writing and speaking, and try and expand your vocabulary for the other two. I have a friend who is in this exact same situation at the minute! Good luck
GCSE_beginner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did French in primary school and in year 7 I got put in the Spanish class and I have liked it so much I picked it for GCSE . Sometimes I speak French at home as well as Arabic and English. I forgot some words but If you show me French writing I will pronounce it correctly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (38)
48.72%
No, they should still go ahead (17)
21.79%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (23)
29.49%

Watched Threads