The Student Room Group

[Official] Peterhouse College Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Just got a medicine interview!
Didn't get a medicine interview prolly gonna do something dumb now
Did anyone get an invite for engineering?
Original post by somebrick
Just got a medicine interview!

I received a pre-interview email for medicine too! I’m really looking forward to it!!
Who else will be attending their interview for medicine on 10th December? Show of hands for who’s gonna be my hall mate the night before! I’d love to meet you guys
Reply 85
I'm from Wales and have applied to Peterhouse to read engineering. It is right next to the engineering department and seems friendly as it is particularly small.
I've recently recieved interviews/test invitation for Thursday 12th December (Election day!). Has anyone else been invited for interview?
Reply 86
Hi. Have the final interview invitations been sent? I only got the pre interview invitation and I'm worried about my travel schedule. Thank you
Original post by blue78
Hi. Have the final interview invitations been sent? I only got the pre interview invitation and I'm worried about my travel schedule. Thank you

I've got mine. Maybe it's subject by subject, or maybe they're focusing on the earlier interviews first (although mine is 17th December)
Reply 88
Original post by Davros 2
I've got mine. Maybe it's subject by subject, or maybe they're focusing on the earlier interviews first (although mine is 17th December)

Also just got mine tonight. Thanks for your answer. Be inspired!
I got my formal interview invitation and I'm a bit of a worrier so I hope someone can help me with these questions:

A) Do I go to the Porter's Lodge when I arrive or do I go to the Fitzwilliam House/JCR (depending on when I arrive obviously, I assume JCR if I arrive early)

B) Where exactly is Fitzwilliam House? I sort of understood where it is but I just want reassurance, plus it's not listed on the map found on the college's website

C) Where's the JCR or will I be directed there by someone?

I know these might seem a bit silly but the email, map and the college website didn't really answer those for me so I'm hoping someone who's been there or knows a bit more could help reassure me slightly.
Original post by Merpedy
I got my formal interview invitation and I'm a bit of a worrier so I hope someone can help me with these questions:

A) Do I go to the Porter's Lodge when I arrive or do I go to the Fitzwilliam House/JCR (depending on when I arrive obviously, I assume JCR if I arrive early)

B) Where exactly is Fitzwilliam House? I sort of understood where it is but I just want reassurance, plus it's not listed on the map found on the college's website

C) Where's the JCR or will I be directed there by someone?

I know these might seem a bit silly but the email, map and the college website didn't really answer those for me so I'm hoping someone who's been there or knows a bit more could help reassure me slightly.

Don't worry - there will be people to show you and everything will be well signposted!
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
We hope to send them out tomorrow!

hi, do you ever give offers to people with a science section bmat of lower than 3.5/6, which is what I got and I have an interview I just think I have blown my chances with my super low bmat (i had an absolutely awful day); as even if my interview goes well when looking at the application contextually afterwards you will probably take into account my extremely low bmat again and this will obviously hinder my application a lot-or does the fact you've given me an interview mean you potentially could still consider me.... :frown:
Hi! Is anyone having dinner at Peterhouse today? We could all eat together :tongue:
Just want to know if anyone has an interview on the 16dec? would love to get to know each other beforehand!!
Reply 94
Anyone staying overnight tomorrow?
Original post by htttttttttt
Just want to know if anyone has an interview on the 16dec? would love to get to know each other beforehand!!

Mine is on the 17th, but I'm travelling down on the 16th so I'll be there in the afternoon
Original post by puravi
Hi! Is anyone having dinner at Peterhouse today? We could all eat together :tongue:

I had one, what did you look like? and did you wait in the waiting room before hand?
I am applying to Physical Natural Sciences and Peterhouse drew me because of its historically high density of Physical Sciences students, and then was confirmed for me when I visited and loved the entire atmosphere.
Has anyone got an offer?
Anyone know if it's likely to be early or late in the day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending