The Student Room Group

Predicted A*A*A* and an A* in EPQ - Ask me anything!

Just wondered if I would be of any help to anyone? Fire away!

Scroll to see replies

one question... HOW????????? WHAT DID U GIVE UP ON TO GET THIS???

lol but srsly how do u stop procrastinating?
Reply 2
I really need help on how you get buckled onto revision and revision techniques, but firstly, what subjects do you do if I may ask?
Reply 3
Original post by Zahra_2001

Here's a question I ask myself a lot - what could you be doing right now?
The effort required to begin doing some work is close to nil.
Original post by liaente
I really need help on how you get buckled onto revision and revision techniques, but firstly, what subjects do you do if I may ask?

I do chemistry, biology and sociology :smile:
Original post by Zahra_2001

Trust me, it's hard. Even making this thread right now was a form of my procrastination.
Original post by jessblackburn
Just wondered if I would be of any help to anyone? Fire away!

weird flex but ok, talk to me again when u achieve the grades.
Original post by Sinnoh
Here's a question I ask myself a lot - what could you be doing right now?
The effort required to begin doing some work is close to nil.

very true! I also organise what work I want to do each day at the start of each week so I feel committed to doing it.
Reply 8
Having been predicted straight A*s last year and (correctly) thinking that this was a bit too optimistic...,
how confident are you of achieving those grades?

very true! I also organise what work I want to do each day at the start of each week so I feel committed to doing it.

Ah lol I was never that organised. Good job
Reply 9
what was your epq on?
I do chemistry, biology and sociology :smile:

Thank you :biggrin: - I'm doing English Lit, History, Gov & Politics and Economics.
May I ask how on earth you're meant to get your head down to revision even if you know you have such a good plan for resting and watching your favourite shows? And not doing this only once, but consistently?
And the second question is, what are your revision techniques?
Original post by Sinnoh
Having been predicted straight A*s last year and (correctly) thinking that this was a bit too optimistic...,
how confident are you of achieving those grades?

Ah lol I was never that organised. Good job

I feel like I can get an A* in Chemistry, and if I work my bum off I could get an A* in sociology too. I doubt I'll get an A* in biology though, in that subject I will be extremely happy with an A.
Original post by ts2
what was your epq on?

It was on the opioid crisis in the USA and assessing the likelihood of a similar crisis occurring in the UK
Original post by liaente
Thank you :biggrin: - I'm doing English Lit, History, Gov & Politics and Economics.
May I ask how on earth you're meant to get your head down to revision even if you know you have such a good plan for resting and watching your favourite shows? And not doing this only once, but consistently?
And the second question is, what are your revision techniques?

Honestly in terms of procrastination, my best tool is planning. I write a to-do list every Sunday night for the next week, and the day I want to do each task on. Also, in terms of study hours, I know that I need to study each night from about 4:30 until 8. After that, I can do whatever I want. I also work around 20 hours a week, hence why resting isn't really a thing for me unless it's half term.
What do you want to do for a living?
Original post by kazzykat95
What do you want to do for a living?

I am going to be studying Medicinal Chemistry at university, and I hope to go into pharmaceutical research as a career :smile:
Reply 16
What exam board are you on for chemistry?
Original post by F12Ak
What exam board are you on for chemistry?

AQA
Honestly in terms of procrastination, my best tool is planning. I write a to-do list every Sunday night for the next week, and the day I want to do each task on. Also, in terms of study hours, I know that I need to study each night from about 4:30 until 8. After that, I can do whatever I want. I also work around 20 hours a week, hence why resting isn't really a thing for me unless it's half term.

Whoa, that is some high dedication ;-; - respect man, respect! Thank you <3 hope you get the grades you deserve :smile:
Original post by liaente
Whoa, that is some high dedication ;-; - respect man, respect! Thank you <3 hope you get the grades you deserve :smile:

thank youuuuuu :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest