Do you think... Watch

pitchy08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Being on a computer for long periods of times slows your mind down?

Just since finishing A Levels I've been far more bored and at home much more so natrually coming on here for MSN, TSR, looking up stuff far more and sitting here for hours sometimes:eek: Time just flies and with the crapness of telly these days it's the easy thing to do at home for me...

Anyone else the same spending far too much time and do you think it affects your memory and attention span a lot? Would a little time off it be good for me or am I worrying about nothing?
x-pixie-lottie-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yep.... i think my brain is falling out from playing too many computer games n going on chat rooms... meh oh well ... lol

i think as long as u stimulate urself sometimes like read or something ull be fine...its the bordom that makes ur mind slow not the internet...
secretmessages
Report 10 years ago
No permanent damage other than potentially RSI, or screwing up your eyesight. I wouldn't see any reason why it would have an effect on your memory, and even if it did, this effect wouldn't be permanent. Basically, if you start getting headaches, switch off your computer for a while and do something else, but there's really nothing to worry about.
secretmessages
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by imtired)
I had RSI on my arm and hand, also my back hurts every now and then probably because of my chair, but i don't think going online for so long has done me any brain damage.

Anyway i think you go on a bit too much SM, perhaps even longer than i do, but where the hell is everyone else, is everyone on holiday already?
No idea, I have nothing better to do :p:
pitchy08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
My eyesight isn't what it used to be

But no, on the whole I guess I'm ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise